The first ever Tina of Bollywood turns 40 and here we are, wishing her a very Happy Birthday! Rani Mukerji Chopra has been everything from Mardaani to Yash Raichand’s almost bahu (remember K3G?). Either way, this actress has given us some kickass on-screen portrayals. But today, we appreciate who she is off-screen by picking out 8 of her most empowering statements and quotes.
1. "I'm happy that people have loved my film and my work. I have always let my work do the talking, and I guess I have proved to my critics that I'm not over."
2. "As a child, I remember I always wanted to make my parents happy and give them everything in their lives."
3. "We are not saints, gods, spiritual human beings that we can sit and decide whether a film will do well or not. It is not in our hands."
4. "I am quite a dreamer. I think we all are dreamers. We all don’t like to live a practical life all the time. There is a thin line between our hopes and dreams."
5. "You work with some people, you see a spark in them and you can’t help praising them. But everyone has their own destiny. No one can make anyone. Who reaches where and when is all written."
6. "Love is a great emotion, but I believe it's not just about romance; it could be love for nature, people, for relationships."
7. "God will give you success. And even if he doesn't, there's a lesson to be learned."
8. "I would rather sit at home and not work than jump into mediocrity for the sake of just moving ahead."
Happy Birthday, Rani Mukerji!