Wikipedia states that Judgementall Hai Kya is a psychological dark comedy thriller but you can say that it is Tom and Jerry for grown-ups. Bobby Grewal (Kangana Ranaut) is a girl with a troubled childhood, who suffers from acute psychosis (a mental disorder), leading life her own way until Meera (Amyra Dastur) and her husband Keshav (Rajkummar Rao) come to stay at her home as tenants. What follows, is a mad chase between Bobby and Keshav that constantly makes you choose between reality and delusion. Before you dive into my thoughts through the film, have a look at the trailer!
*Spoiler free shuddh movie review lies ahead*
1. Kisi movie ke opening credits ne kabhi goosebumps diye hai?
2. Make sure that you don’t miss the beginning- it gives you a peek into Bobby’s crazy mind.
3. The movie starts with two deaths- people and innocence.
4. Her boss tries to molest her, WTF! And she gives it back to him. You go, girl!
5. As a result, Bobby ends up in the police station and gets to choose between a Rs 20,000 fine or a month in the asylum. No points for guessing what she picks!
6. A pleasant-looking man is standing on the road holding a board, which has a quote written on it. Something tells me that Bobby is going to get influenced by this quote sooner or later.
7. Damn, I was right!
8. Bobby hallucinates cockroaches.
9. And here comes Keshav (Rajkummar Rao)! What is this never-seen-before charm in his eyes?!
10. Rajkummar Rao has that charm in this movie, which reeks of flirtiness that you can’t exactly pinpoint or explain.
Judgmentall Hai Kya is that kind of movie, which doesn’t let your mind wander for even one millisecond. It is that date of yours who demands your attention rather than crying for it. It is the kind of shock therapy that everybody needs. Make sure that you rest your back well before and after watching the movie, 'coz it will have you on the edge of your seat for two hours!