The 90th Academy Awards was historic for many reasons. It happened when Hollywood is in the period of #MeToo and Time’s Up campaign and marked Daniela Vega as the first openly transgender Oscars presenter. One thing that award shows never fail to confirm is that no matter what the timeline is, stars can dress to impress, anytime. This year, celebs gave more cheery and optimistic vibe on Oscars red carpet while supporting Time’s Up movement by wearing a badge. So it was not about all-black gowns, rather it was pastel pinks, shimmery dresses, golden and red gowns. While many celebs including Emma Stone brought in the pantsuits to the red carpet with panache, gowns still ruled the night. Mostly, stars like Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway and Allison Janney were teaching us, how to carry those red gowns in complete style!
1. Lupita Nyong'o doing the golden right in Vibranium by Versace!
2. Allison Janney knows her cheerful red Reem Acra gown compliment her smile well!
3. Jennifer Lawrence in a metallic slip gown from Dior!
4. Now that’s how you make an all-black gown look like it’s from queen’s wardrobe! Emma Watson owned the moment with her extravagant neckpiece and Time’s Up tattoo.
5. Sofia Vergara owned that bejewelled black Ralph & Russo gown like a princess!
6. If you are having a bad day, Meryl Streep’s classy red Christian Dior Haute Couture gown will cheer you up!
7. Keeping it classy with Anne Hathaway and her forever kind of love for Valentino!
8. Miley Cyrus in a metallic and pink gown from her favourite brand, Moschino!
9. Nicole Kidman is taking away our Monday blues in her Armani Privé gown!
10. Emily Blunt’s Schiaparelli gown is bringing back our attention to pastels!
11. Kendall Jenner ditched the gowns for her little black dress and we are loving the power sleeves!
12. Salma Hayek in a custom-made lavender gown from Gucci!
13. Gorgeous as always, Rita Moreno just upcycled her gown from the ‘60s to show everyone how vintage fashion is done!
14. Jennifer Garner in her Versace gown!