There's no doubt that we love to dance. Be it contemporary, hip-hop or Bollywood, we're open to trying (or being bedazzled) by each of these dance styles. Between the number of dance shows in India or the increasing number of choreographers who share their fabulous work online, there's enough to make you dance. Or at least shake your head.
Here are some of my favourite videos that I wanted you to watch today!
1. I couldn't possibly skip this. This is the first video I ever saw of Yanis Marshall. The trio went on to become viral and were runners-up at Britain's Got Talent. They still continue to choreograph and make fabulous videos.
2. TV personality and former winner of Jhalak Dikhla Ja, Gauhar Khan is always up for a spin. And when she teams up with choreographer Melvin Louis, it's fabulous. Watch the duo do their own take on Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye that already has 1.2 million views.
Doesn’t she ace all my moves !! Post “”a 🔥 for @gauaharkhan and a ❤️for me in comments “” 3 lucky ones will get video responses from gauahar and me so post your comments 🤗 I love dancing with this amazingly-super-multi-talented person !! Thank you @gauaharkhan for always being you and stepping up on such fun routines with me 😘❤️🔥 FULL VIDEO ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL ! LINK IN BIO #gauaharkhan #melvinlouis . FOLLOW @melvinlouis for more upcoming videos !!
3. Well, the movie Baaghi 2 may have been a bust but Jacqueline's Ek, Do Teen sure kept the interest alive. While the song got its share of controversy, we think this video is great in case you have a performance coming up. 10 on 10 for energy!
🔥🔥 EK DO TEEN 🔥🔥 Performance by : @priti_puri @ritika.____ #ekdoteen @jacquelinef143 To Get Featured Use : #IndianDancersCommunity @indian.dancers.community DON'T LET YOUR TALENT GO UNNOTICED. Tags : #Dance #Dancer #DanceClass #Choreography #Choreographer #Dancelife #HipHop #HipHopDance #Bollywood #Bollywooddance 🔹 #Dancing #DanceContest #LoveToDance #InstaGood #Love #DanceStudio #gulbarga #DanceIsLife #Performance #IndianDance 🔹 #IndianDancer #BestDance #Dancers #DanceVideo #DanceCompetition #DanceCrew
4. I'm sick of hearing "Shape Of You" but I'm open to listening to it JUST for this video. Don't miss the skills on 01:28.
Of course, our own sister duo Neeti Mohan and Shakti Mohan gave it their own spin to Ed Sheeran's hit with a hit of Bharatnatyam fused with contemporary moves. The mix by Aditya Rao deserves a thumbs up too!
5. Another sister duo, Poonam and Priyanka have steadily been growing as dancers as well as YouTube influencers. This video set on a trap mix of Chamma Chamma got them 5 million views.
6. I've been a big fan of So You Think You Can Dance. In fact, the show has seen a lot of highs but this routine on Coldplay's Fix You by duo Robert and Allisson stayed me with for years. Warning: You may cry.
7. I can't NOT mention Queen B, Beyonce. Apart from being a fabulous singer and performer, her dancing skills make us all want to dance better. Or just groove. Enough said. If you like, put a ring on it.
Go on, put your favourite song on and groove a little. Have a happy Sunday!