Golden hour is the perfect time when the sun is just about to set but hasn't yet. Why am I talking about this you ask? Because this is the holy grail hour that makes your pictures look magical. It gives your selfies and pictures an ethereal vintage vibe. #Goldenhour has been trending on Instagram and the pictures are magnificent. Because it is on Instagram, it almost boils down to makeup. So instead of waiting for THAT golden hour to get your perfect picture, here are some makeup tips inspired by Yami Gautam to get that #goldenhour selfie.
1. Prep your skin with Maybelline New York Gigi Hadid Tinted Primer and focus on the places where you will be dabbing on highlighter a little later.
2. Use your regular base that you would go for, but then instead of your usual concealer for the under eyes go for a brightening one like Paese Cosmetics Clair Brightening Concealer.
3. I suggest you add hints of bronze gold or champagne eyeshadow on your lids for an added brightness and follow it up with a volumising mascara.
4. Now comes the clincher. The golden hour look would be incomplete without some bronzer. Replace your highlighter with a bronzer and dust it on the high points of your face. Don't go overboard with this though, because you don't want to look patchy or unevenly tanned. A light dusting of The Body Shop Baked-To-Last Bronzer - 02 Warm Glow would go a long way.
5. Follow it up with a peach or pink lip gloss and you're going to look like golden hour personified!
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Click here to check out the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Also, there's a special launch offer: Flat 30% off to say thank you for being an early customer. Use code POPXO30 (Offer is valid on till July 30th).