Sorry Not Sorry singer, Demi Lovato was reportedly admitted to the hospital yesterday after a drug overdose, according to a few American media houses. NBC News tried to reach Demi's team and family, upon which they sent out a release.
The spokesperson said, "Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers, and support. Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy."
"Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support. Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy," Demi Lovato's spokesperson tells @NBCNews. https://t.co/i7kKgAEqiY
According to the media houses, the former Disney star was hospitalised yesterday because of an apparent drug overdose but Demi's family said that it's not true and have asked to give the singer some privacy.
However, the Los Angeles Police has confirmed that they received a call at 11:39 am for a 25-year-old female in Hollywood. After the paramedics found Demi, she was reportedly unconscious and had to be dosed with Narcan, a medicine that is used to revive and block the effects of a drug overdose.
The Warrior singer has been quite open about her struggle with substance abuse in her songs. She recently released a single called 'Sober' where she mentions in her lyrics, "Momma, I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore. And daddy, please forgive me for the drinks spilled on the floor. To the ones who never left me. We've been down this road before. I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore."
She tweeted this last month, saying that "This is my truth"
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Click here to check out the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Also, there's a special launch offer: Flat 30% off to say thank you for being an early customer. Use code POPXO30 (Offer is valid till July 30th).