Sex And The City star, Cynthia Nixon aka Miranda Hobbes recently announced her run for Governor of New York which has created a huge buzz for multiple reasons. Former New York City council speaker Christine Quinn had made a remark on Cynthia about being an “unqualified Lesbian” which was handled by Cynthia with a welcoming attitude. She said at her campaign launch, “When I announced yesterday that I'm running for governor, one of Cuomo's top surrogates dismissed me as an unqualified lesbian.”
“I just want to say tonight that she was technically right, that I don't have my certificate from the department of lesbian affairs - but in my defence, there is a lot of paperwork involved.”
“Seriously though, folks, I'm running for governor because I love this state. I was born here, I was raised here, I'm raising my kids here, it's the place where I made my career, it's the place where I met and married the love of my life - my wife Christine. I've never lived anywhere else, I would never want to live anywhere else.”
But we, being a fan of Sex And The City, couldn’t help feeling nostalgic. Miranda’s boss lady attitude was something to appreciate and her working -woman wardrobe was practical and sophisticated enough to remember. Even when Carrie Bradshaw stood next to her in eccentric clothes, Charlotte’s in delicate designs and Samantha Jones in those loud colours and patterns, Miranda’s polished style would make its way to our wardrobes because of how powerful, presentable and chic she looked.
Women who we admire for the power they hold — Amal Clooney, Kate Middleton and Angelina Jolie, to name a few — represent a great sense of style in public. Cynthia as Miranda has already done that on screen. So we are sure that Cynthia already has many styling tricks up her sleeve for upcoming campaigns. Ahead are a few looks of Miranda Hobbes that Cynthia might show us once again.
1. A formal black dress and a belt that adds all the needed glamour!
2. A comfortable sheath dress with belt and captivating sleeve detail!
3. That’s how you wear a chic ‘metallic’ knee-length outfit without looking loud!
4. A modest dress in a colour that works well for all skin types!
5. She pulled off a golden outfit without looking over-the-top!
6. Just the right black and white piece for Miranda!
7. The smart monochrome hat that works with both, pantsuits and dresses!
8. Miranda knows how to nail a black embellished gown with plunging neckline!