I’m the best of the best. I’m Blair Waldorf.
Blair Bass, Blair Grimaldi, Blair Waldorf, she may have had many names to keep her company at some point in time but Blair is, was and will always be the "Queen Bee" in all the worlds and relationships she endures. And she saw to that! The steps of The Met saw to that. Gossip Girl saw to that. The entire Upper East Side saw to that! Blair Waldorf is a character that can stick with you for life. She always got what she set her heart on and not because she was rich, but because of her persistence, strength, and intimidating yet soft personality.
On the days when I'm feeling low, which has been happening these past few weeks more often than ever, I imagine Blair saying to me: "If you’re going to be sad, you might as well be sad in Paris." Well, I can't go to Paris right now but I can sure feel like I'm there by looking at all the beautiful fashion inspiration there is in the world through the eyes of Instagram. That's the only thing keeping me sane. That and Blair Waldorf's wise words.
I mean how can you not trust someone who speaks fashion so fluently? 'Stylish' will be an understatement for her. From interning at W Magazine to taking over her mother's label Waldorf Designs, from having probably the busiest social life to making a name for herself, Blair Waldorf taught us so much about love, life, and labels.
Here are all the brutally honest Blair Waldorf quotes on fashion that are oh-so-relatable to me and probably every fashion girl ever, now more than ever!
1. "I’ve been waiting all summer to feel sparkly again, and I won’t be pulled back into the darkness."
2. "Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness didn't know where to shop."
3. "Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go kill myself. Or max out my credit card, whichever comes first."
4. "Stop whatever you're doing. We need to shop."
5. "By the way, sandals are not shoes."
6. "Tights are not pants."
7. "You know how torturous it is for me to find shiny things that aren’t intended for me."
8. "Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It's a movement, design, and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we'd like to be."
9. "Well have you seen my closet? Fashion is art, and culture, and history, and everything I love combined."
10. "I'm going to shop till you drop."
11."As my mother always says, "Fashion knows not of comfort. All that matters is the face you show the world."
12"If you are what you wear, you better dress the part you want."
13. "I fall asleep thinking about guys named Louboutin and Laurent."
14. "You can’t wear such a beautiful shoe if there’s even a hint of a sprinkle outside."
15. "Three words, eight letters. Say it, and I'm yours."
Isn't that what we say to pretty much everything while window shopping? XOXO!
Featured Image: Instagram; GIFs: Giphy
Start your 2020 right with our cool new planners and statement-making sweatshirts that are fun, fab and 100% you! Psst... there's an additional 20% off too, so head to POPxo.com/shop and take it up a POP!