Koffee With Karan is back and how! Karan Johar decided to begin the season with girl power and a truckload of gossip. It's safe to say that it was quite an exciting episode as Deepika Padukone and Alia Bhatt spilled the beans on their relationship and Deepika's wedding, which is taking place next month! Incase you missed the show, I made a list of 40 most memorable moments from the first episode of Karan Johar's talk show:
1. In his monologue, Karan Johar spoke up about nepotism, saying, ‘That word was given birth on my show… after that, we as an industry, have been bearing the brunt of this word. And now, I personally have developed 'nepospasm'. It’s a pain I get in my neck when I hear the word ‘nepotism’.’
2. It didn’t take Karan Johar long to address the elephant in the room - the ‘ex-factor.’ Deepika and Alia agreed that they MUST talk about it.
3. Deepika Padukone was constantly fiddling with her ring and I get it! You have a beautiful ring and a gorgeous fiance.
4. Karan Johar described Ranveer-Deepika wedding as ‘impending perhaps potential, ceremony.’ Is this why Deepika and Ranveer Singh made the announcement yesterday?
5. Alia Bhatt and Ranveer Singh have nicknames for each other, Tutu is Ranveer and Alia is Lulu. Thanks for this useless information, Karan.
6. Karan Johar popped up the famous Insta pictures of all the exes in the same room and both the women gracefully admitted that they were at peace and content with their current partners.
7. Karan Johar sends Ranveer Singh nasty messages and Deepika has seen them. Can I get a sneak-peek too?
8. Alia Bhatt admitted to being in love with Ranbir Kapoor, did you miss it? When Karan Johar accused Alia of using Ayan Mukerji as a constant in her images to distract her followers from Ranbir, she said ‘I love Ayan as well,’ and my reaction was quite similar to Karan Johar’s - ‘As well?’
9. So apparently, Alia Bhatt constantly crops out Ayan from her and Ranbir’s pictures together. Or blurs him out, whatever works.
10. When the ‘inaugural’ picture of Alia disclosing her relationship status at Sonam’s wedding was brought into question, Alia just said, ‘It was a nice picture.’ We all knew she was lying. P.S. Ayan was asked to leave the shot, poor guy.
Image Source - Instagram
11. Karan Johar legit sang the entire chorus of ‘Maye Ne Maye’ because he couldn’t get over Deepika and Ranveer getting married. And I’ve got to admit, it was a tad bit awkward.
12. Karan admitted to knowing which designer Deepika is going to wear at the wedding!
13. Karan Johar said ‘God bless you’ like a typical father because they were in happy relationships and our leading ladies went ahead and touched his feet. May the godfather of Bollywood bless you with another Rs 100 crore movie.
14. Alia Bhatt admitted to being obsessed with Ahaan Panday’s Instagram profile and I feel ya, girl.
15. Deepika Padukone went ahead and spoke about the time Alia and her sneaked into the men’s washroom at the Coldplay concert and bonded fabulously. I wonder if this was before Alia started dating Ranbir.
16. Alia Bhatt pointed out how Deepika looks amazing at the airport, no matter how long her flight has been and she wished she had that swag. I know what you mean, Alia.
17. Deepika disclosed that a lot of Ranbir’s exes have ‘crossed’ paths at the gym and Alia’s face was priceless. Hilariously awks.
18. Another story from the Coldplay concert when Deepika wanted to have french fries and Alia was basically all of us when she said, ‘That body eating french fries? Chalo main bhi jaati hoon.’
19. When Karan Johar was a drama queen and admitted that he is perfectly fine with everyone being obsessed with his phone. Including Ranbir Kapoor, who knows his password at the back of his hand.
20. Alia Bhatt burped on national television and I’m so glad they did not edit it out! Feminism stands for freedom to burp without being judged as well. Like Deepika said, “Don’t judge, Karan.”
21. When Ranbir’s nickname for Alia Bhatt came out and she decided to confide in Deepika instead of sharing it on television. Sign, how exhausting.
22. Karan Johar’s rapid fire question backfired when he asked the ladies who they would go to for the latest gossip and to spread a rumour, and they both responded by pointing towards him.
23. Alia Bhatt denied ever being dumped and Deepika called her a liar, these two may be sharing more than we know.
24. Deepika finally revealed that she is getting married before Alia. Yay!
25. When Deepika Padukone shared what’s the first thing she sees in a guy and all the kids watching the show with their family got uncharacteristically quiet.
26. Deepika listed Ranveer as the best actor. Ranbir came second. And they zoomed on Alia’s face, it was pretty funny.
27. Karan Johar asked the two of them to call a leading lady in Bollywood and Deepika called Alia, because why not? Until she gave up and called Shah Rukh Khan instead. Who in the world has Shah Rukh on speed dial… Deepika apparently.
28. Deepika might have let it slip why it didn’t work out with Ranbir. She said she loved, hated and tolerated how calm, no matter what the situation is, he was. Always closed off and composed. On the other hand, she admitted that she loves how emotionally evolved Ranveer is.
29. When Karan asked Deepika who has the dreamiest eyes in Bollywood, unlike Alia, she didn’t take her partner’s name. Instead, she stated the universal truth by responding with ‘Fawad Khan’ and Karan Johar agreed!
30. Remember the picture posted on Instagram by Karan Johar? Which we hoped would lead to a movie with Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor, Aamir Khan and Karan Johar. Alia and Karan shared how it was an impromptu party at Ranbir’s. Alia, Ranbir and Karan were just chilling and decided to call people over. They were as surprised as us when everybody turned up!
Image Source - Instagram
31. Deepika confirmed that she had been dating Ranveer for 6 years! And also hinted that she merely tolerates his fashion sense. Sigh, I feel you.
32. Karan Johar let it slip that Ranbir and Alia had been dating for almost a year and that’s news to us! Since they made their first appearance at Sonam’s wedding in May.
33. When Karan asked Alia and Deepika to find a picture with a family member on their phones, Deepika showed an image of her and Ranveer. To which Alia promptly replied, ‘He isn’t family yet!’
34. Karan brought up Alia’s picture with her mom and Ranbir’s mother, Neetu Kapoor and said that it was important to have the mother’s approval. Couldn’t agree more! Moms know best.
35. When Karan Johar fan-boyed over Deepika and Ranveer’s Instagram PDA and Deepika responded with a heartfelt, ‘Isn’t he hot looking though?’
36. Karan Johar asked the ladies if we could expect a couples vacation with the four of them and said, I want to see you four in a pool.’ Which lead to him slyly including himself and the cute little babies into their holiday. Could I join?
37. Deepika spoke about the bond she shared with Alia’s sister, Shaheen Bhatt who just published her book sharing her experience with depression called, ‘I’ve Never Been (Un)Happier.’ Admitting that though they never discussed their experiences with mental illness with each other, maybe that attracted them to each other.
38. During the hashtag game, Alia Bhatt called Arjun Kapoor #Liability and we still can’t figure out why.
39. Alia Bhatt admitted to being obsessed with Varun Dhawan’s Instagram because his Insta stories are very entertaining and he turns into a rapper half-way through!
40. Surprisingly, when Karan Johar asked the two ladies to share a selfie on their social media and check which picture got more likes, Alia Bhatt won! It didn’t quite make sense because Deepika has more followers but as Karan pointed out, including him in the picture might have ruined her chances since Alia posted a solo selfie.
Featured Image - Instagram
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST. Online shopping for women never looked better!