Known as the ‘Festival of Lights’, Diwali brings light into our lives in the most magical way possible. On this day, we celebrate the victory of good over evil by letting go of all our negative emotions. It all starts with decluttering our spaces, revamping our homes in beautiful ways and spreading the festive cheer to those around us. This is the time to forgive and forget past grudges, remember old friends and spend time with our family members.
So, for an occasion as special as this, why should we stick to the same ol’ greetings and messages? Let go of the basic greetings that everyone’s been forwarding around for years. Light up your loved one’s day with these Best Diwali wishes that we’ve curated for you!
To save you some time and a few Google searches, we’ve curated a list of 70 Deepavali wishes and messages to send to your loved ones. So, go on and wish them all the happiness, positivity and prosperity in the world!
1. With the gleam of diyas and an echo of the holy chants, may happiness and peace fill your life. Wishing you a very happy and prosperous Diwali!
2. Happy Diwali! Just wanted to give a little sunshine and warmth back to someone who lights up my world all year.
3. Light a lamp of love and prosperity, and give the gift of happiness! Wish you and your family a sparkling Diwali.
4. This Diwali, burn bad memories and light the way for a happier you. Happy Diwali!
5. The world is a better place because of people like you who fill it with happiness and hope. Have a great Diwali.
6. Your dreams are just as beautiful as the Festival of Lights. We wish that all of them be fulfilled this year. Happy Diwali!
7. May the glow of the Diwali lights fill your life with warmth for the entire year.
8. Minimise the harmful gases and maximise happiness. Here’s to celebrating an eco-friendly Diwali.
9. Thank you for the light you bring to my life. Wishing you a very Happy Diwali!
10. On this festive occasion, sending your way a colourful wish that fills your life with brightness. May you have a Sparkling Deepavali!
11. May this Diwali be a new beginning of peace, prosperity and unconditional happiness for you and your family.
12. We may be miles apart, but my heart and soul will always be celebrating with you. Thanks for being the light of my life. Missing you this Diwali!
13. The true spirit of Diwali is in the light it brings… May the diyas and fireworks brighten up your life with joy and happiness!
14. I hope that the flaming sparks of the lamps of Diwali which burn like a shooting star, guide your way through your dreams. Happy Diwali!
15. May this Diwali be the happiest Diwali you ever celebrated and bring lots of luck to you and your family! Happy Deepawali!
16. With the gleam of diyas and songs of devotional spirituality, may happiness and contentment fill your life with as much light and sounds of joy. Wish you a very happy Diwali!
17. May this Diwali light up new dreams, fresh hopes, undiscovered avenues, different perspectives of life and fill your days with pleasant surprises and moments.
18. You make my world shine brighter with your love. Hoping that I spend many more years of this day with you. Wish you a joyous and beautiful Diwali!
19. May the season of Deepawali illuminate your life and shower the glories of prosperity, health and unlimited joy for you and your family!
20. A friend like you is like a diya on Diwali… driving away the darkness and spreading brightness all around. I’m so lucky to have found such a treasured friend in you!
21. May the lights of this auspicious festival fill your life with an eternal glow! Happy Diwali!
22. May every aspect of your life become as luminous and exciting as the flickering lights on Diwali. Wish you the brightest Diwali ever!
23. Did you know that a diya was God’s way of telling us that there will always be light to drive away the darkness? Wish you a beautiful Diwali and a bright future ahead!
24. May the glow of the diyas continue to light your path towards progress and boundless success. Wish you a very happy Diwali!
25. May the festival of lights fill your life with the glow of happiness and the sparkle of joy. Wishing you the happiest Deepawali!
26. This Diwali, may the supreme light illuminate your mind, enlighten your heart and strengthen the bond that you share with your loved ones.
27. May this festival of lights bestow you with all the love, happiness and merriment in your life. Happy Diwali to all!
28. May the festival of lights be the harbinger of joy and prosperity in your life and bring your way bright sparkles of contentment, mirth and love throughout the days ahead.
29. This Diwali, let us give thanks for all that we hold dear: our health, our family, our friends and to the grace of God which never ends. Wish you all a beautiful Deepavali!
30. May every candle to be lit on the evening of Diwali bring endless joy, unconditional love and supreme happiness to everyone’s lives. Happy Diwali to all!
31. On this auspicious festival of lights, may the glow of joy, prosperity and happiness illuminate your days in the year ahead.
32. All the lights in the world cannot compare to even a single ray of light within you. This Diwali, reignite that spark within yourself and enjoy the festival of lights!
33. May the joy, cheer, mirth and merriment of this divine festival surround you forever and fulfil all your dreams. Wishing you and your family a very happy Diwali!
34. May the light of sparkling diyas bring to your life everlasting hope, fulfilment, happiness and prosperity. Have a happy and blessed Diwali!
35. Light a lamp of love, blast a chain of sorrow, shoot a rocket of prosperity and fire a flowerpot of happiness. Wish you and your family a sparkling Diwali!
36. May the warmth and splendour, that are a part of this auspicious occasion, fill your life with happiness and bright cheer and bring you joy and prosperity for the whole year.
37. May the magnificence and warmth of the holy occasion fill your heart and life with bright cheer and happiness throughout the year. Happy Deepawali!
38. I wish that the bright lights of Diwali guide you through your way out of every streak of trial in this life. Happy Diwali!
39. May Lord Ganesha bless you and your family with peace, success, prosperity and happiness on this auspicious day, forever. Shubh Deepawali!
40. This Diwali, celebrate the magic of lights, the divinity and the delights and all things beautiful and bright. Wishing you a very happy Diwali!
41. During this festival of Diwali, we hope that Goddess Lakshmi enters your home; Goddess Durga gives you strength; Goddess Saraswati blesses you with knowledge, and Goddess Kali destroys all your enemies. Have a blessed Diwali!
42. Shine like sparkles of earthen lamps, glow like candles and burn all the negativity away like crackers. Wish you all a lovely and cheerful Diwali!
43. May the brightness of shimmering lanterns always stay in your life and light up your life. Happy Deepavali!
44. A festival full of memories, a sky full of fireworks, a mouth full of sweets, a house full of diyas and a heart full of enjoyment. Here’s wishing you the true spirit of a beautiful Diwali!
45. Let this Diwali burn all your bad times away and help you enter your good times straight away. Happy Diwali!
46. Doubt is like darkness and trust is like a light. There is no way one can destroy light by throwing darkness into it. So, let’s come together and enjoy the festival of lights. Happy Diwali!
47. May the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi bestow you with opulence and prosperity. May you have a sparkling Deepawali ahead!
48. May the gleaming diyas of Diwali bless you and your loved ones with positivity and happiness. Wish you all a very happy Diwali!
49. With every new year, a new chapter will begin. I hope and pray that the lights of Diwali illuminate the new chapters in your life. Happy Diwali!
50. May happiness and luck transcend through the earth as we celebrate the festival of lights this year, and bring the same warmth to your life as well. Wishing you a prosperous Deepawali!
51. May your life be as colourful, magnificent, shimmery and magical as the lights from the lamps of Diwali! Happy Diwali!
52. May the fire from the candles and diyas warm up the world to relieve the coldness brought by wars, disputes and disasters. Wish you a very happy Diwali!
53. Problems are like caves. But don’t forget that we are guided by the lights of Diwali until we reach the end of the tunnel. Wishing you all the strength and happiness in the world!
54. Darkness is just an absence of light. I hope that the lights of Diwali be present in your life forever so that you’re able to escape the darkness, forever.
55. As we begin to lose hope when the forces of darkness dance with all their evil strength, remind yourself that God will emerge like thunder to save us and will show us the light of Diwali. So, this year, let’s celebrate Diwali and thank God for all his love and affection.
56. Light your lamp for a brighter tomorrow; make rangolis for a colourful and vibrant life, and hope that your year will be fun-filled and bright. Wishing you a blessed Diwali!
57. May the light of diyas enlighten your life and be the start of a new successful chapter in your life. Happy Deepavali!
58. He, who Himself sees all but whom no one beholds, who illuminates the intellect, the sun, the moon and the stars and the whole universe but whom they cannot illumine, he indeed is Brahman; he is the inner self. Celebrate the real Deepawali by living in Brahman, and enjoy the eternal bliss of the soul.
59. This year, let’s fill our homes with boundless love, happiness, prayers and lights – not with harmful fumes and crackers. Wishing you all an eco-friendly Diwali!
60. May you be showered with the divine blessings of wealth, success and love that bring tonnes of happiness into your life. Wish you the happiest Diwali of your life!
61. Let this Diwali fire all your worries and sadness and let immense happiness and contentment enter your life. Shubh Deepawali!
62. More than the sweet smell of flowers, the wide array of colours and the sparkle of firecrackers, let this Diwali be about forgiveness, love and warmth that you share among your loved ones. Wish you the happiest Diwali!
63. No matter how less they shine, the light of a few diyas is enough to light up our homes and bring us out of our dark agonies of life. Have a bright and happy Diwali!
64. Let’s celebrate the festival of lights in the truest sense by spreading joy, positivity and love to those around us. And light up the world of others. Have a happy, safe and blessed Diwali!
65. May you and your family be blessed with immense prosperity and fortune on this auspicious and pious occasion of Diwali!
66. May this Diwali be full of wonderful moments and surprises, your house, be full of lights and colours and your heart, be full of joy and love. Wishing you a blessed Deepawali!
67. Let each diya that you light this Diwali, bring a beautiful glow on your face and enlighten your soul. Happy Diwali!
68. May the goodness and brightness of this festive season bring happiness to your soul and stay with you throughout the year. Wish you a bright and happy Diwali!
69. May this beautiful festival of lights bring warmth, love and unbound happiness into your life – today, tomorrow and always. Shubh Deepawali!
70. Let this Diwali not only light up your home but also your spirit, dreams and hopes. Wishing you a bright and safe Deepavali!
Wish you all a very safe and happy Diwali!
Featured Image Source: Shutterstock
Introducing #POPxoEverydayBeauty – POPxo Shop’s collection of skin, bath & body, and hair products that are fun, effective and 100% fuss-free. To celebrate, we’re giving everyone 25% off on pre-orders, so head to POPxo.com/beautyshop and take your beauty routine up a POP!