Nick Jonas may be an American by nationality, but his heart is 100% Indian! He married the love of his life, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, last December and it’s safe to say that by now, some of her desi ways have rubbed off on him. This hot stuff now understands Bollywood memes, can play cricket and has even mastered his thumkas!
Gotta admit, he’s the kind of jiju all of us secretly want in our lives *Wink*
1. So what if he belongs to a different religion? That did not come in the way of him following Hindu customs during the roka ceremony. This just shows how accepting and respectful he is to his partner’s customs and traditions.
2. Remember when Nick had Priyanka’s name written in henna across his palm? Even though the mehendi tradition is reserved for the bride and her family, Nick wanted to be part of his wife’s cultural. Such a cutie, no?
3. He’s bloody good with Bollywood memes. In this one, he’s twinning with Govinda. Ditto expressions, ditto sunnies and ditto swag!
4. That glorious moment when Nick danced to Bollywood beats. He’s a natural, don’t ya think?
5. Nick’s not only good at playing baseball, but he’s now almost a pro at playing cricket too! In fact, in one of his interviews, he even mentioned that it was his ladylove who introduced him to cricket. Remember the time when PeeCee put up Insta stories of a cricket match that took place between Team Bride and Team Groom? Yep, those pictures broke the internet!
6. Also, you’d be shocked to know that Bollywood music is his jam! As told by his wife, Nick calls it his ‘hype’ music.
7. Who’s the hottest girl in the world? Nick’s desi girl, of course! He admires his wife in a saree as much as he admires her in any other attire. He’s basically smitten by her and never shy to say as much. FYI, he posted this picture on her birthday!
8. And when it was Nick’s birthday, Priyanka’s sister-in-law, Danielle Jonas posted a cutesy video of him dancing to ‘Hauli Hauli’. This video is gold!
9. At his Indian wedding, Nick looked like a royal Indian prince in a Sabyasachi sherwani. The videsha dulha co-ordinated perfectly with his bride and the first pictures of their wedding left us all awestruck.
10. Last but not least, how could we forget his sangeet performance? Those Bollywood moves, those expressions, that confidence – guess he and his family do have some hidden desi talent. Yep, we can rewatch this video clip for hours!
View this post on Instagram
It all began as a fierce song & dance competition between the families but ended, as always, as a huge celebration of love. Nick and I were looking forward to the Sangeet (musical evening), another pre wedding ritual.. and to see what each side had put together. And what a performance it was. Each family telling our stories through song and dance, filled with lots of laughter and love. We were both filled with gratitude for the effort, the love and the laughter and will carry the memories of this special evening for the rest of our lives. It is an amazing start to a lifetime of togetherness for our families and friends…#grateful @nickjonas 📹/📷: @calebjordanlee @josevilla @josephradhik
We’re starting to think that Nick Jonas may have been a desi boy in his past life! We could be right, no?
Featured Image: Instagram