The weekend is almost here and I am sure most of you have plans to party with friends and family. May I recommend something to make your party playlist a million times more interesting? Social media sensation Dhinchak Pooja is back with another chartbuster and I am here for it…NOT! Ever heard the phrase ‘it is so bad that it is good’? ‘Coz that might be the best way to describe Pooja’s song Ek or Selfie Lene do.
So, I decided to bring out my cringe-loving side and went down the rabbit hole of DP’s latest song and my-oh-my I have so much to say. From the music video to lyrics to beats, Pooja has really delivered this time with yet another god awful track.
Before I tell you about my take on the song, why not feast your eyes and ears on Dhinchak Pooja’s Ek or Selfie Lene do. Here you go:
1) I am pretty certain I am going to be singing this song for the rest of the day coz it is terribly catchy and I have no self-control.
2) Next time I get confused about my Instagram caption, I can always go for ‘raat ke baj gaye 1 ya 2, mujh ko selfie lene do‘. I mean I might lose followers but it will be worth it.
3) Wait, didn’t Pooja already sing a song about selfies? Who can ever forget selfie maine le li aaj, sar pe mere rehta taaj, selfie maine le li aaj? TBH, I am a little disappointed with Pooja.
4) NGL, Pooja always makes me feel better about my lack of singing talent.
5) Why is this song video full of polaroid pictures, when the song is clearly about selfies?
6) At least she is enjoying herself!
7) Is this just me or is Pooja looking really uncomfortable in this video? Where is her trademark hook ’em horns pose?
8) I am genuinely missing Dhinchak Pooja’s background dancers, they were the best. What are they up to nowadays?
9) So many of these lines don’t even rhyme. Here’s one example— sab sunte hain mere gaane, jab bhi ghar se bahar nikalu sab aate hain selfie lene. This has bothered me more than the entire song.
10) Pooja has a wall of selfies that turn into another selfie! Maybe Christopher Nolan and Steven Spielberg need to take notes from our own DP.
11) Unpopular opinion but Dhinchak Pooja’s Swag Wali Topi was her best work yet. Nothing will ever top that.
12) Now that the song is over, all I can say is — my expectations were already so low but damn.
On a serious note, it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there on social media, so kudos to Pooja for it. Your confidence has always amazed me.
However, this doesn’t change the fact that Ek or Selfie Lene do is one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard. Maybe DP should look into alternative career options?
Feature Image Credit: Instagram