Making love, sexual intercourse, doing it- however you choose to describe it, sex is going to be one of the topmost favoured forms of physical exercise. It is an activity that can bring you closer to your partner, provide pleasure, and burn calories. What if we told you that sex can also help you achieve clearer skin and healthier hair? Well, how much ever this news excites you, don’t put your skincare and haircare aside yet. Let’s discuss the beauty benefits of having sex. Not that we need to sell you on the idea of sex, but if you need a reminder to embrace this act of love (or just pleasure), this is it.
Let’s Talk Benefits
- Brighter Skin: Sex helps to stimulate blood circulation throughout the body. This helps in regulating higher oxygen supply to the skin, hence, giving it a bright glow.
- Clear Skin: Sexual intercourse also helps in balancing the hormone levels of the body. This can result in a reduced appearance of pimples and acne.
- Younger Skin: As blood circulation increases during sex, the collagen production of the body is increased. This helps in slowing down the process of ageing on skin.
- Stronger Hair & Nails: Studies indicate that sex improves the body’s absorption of nutrients. Add that to increased collagen production, and you have healthier and stronger hair and nails.
- Hair & Skin Vitality: Sex induces higher level of estrogen in women, which keeps your skin hydrated, and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Beauty Sleep: A sexual climax deeply relaxes the body and can help you achieve better sleep. While orgasming can help take inflammation down, a deep beauty sleep can give your skin enough time and rest to heal.
Healthy sex life can do much more than just burning calories. So if you have one, enjoy it a bit more because your skin surely is. And if you don’t, you can go solo (wink, wink). In the meanwhile, stick to nourishing skincare routines. You can try:
Which beauty benefit of sex is your favourite?
Featured Image: Pexels