Rakhi is just around the corner and I don’t know about you but I’m super stoked. At least there’s something to look forward to during this endless lockdown period, plus I’m gonna be hella rich so that’s always a great thing. But this year because we’re all at home and won’t be able to do the Rakhi runs and fam get-togethers with everyone, why not try our hands at some gorgeous makeup looks. From a beginner to a pro, this list has some routines that everyone could follow.
So, choose a gorgeous Indian outfit, put on your juttis, wearing gorgeous earrings, and follow these makeup looks to get into that festive mood.
Keep It Simple Silly
This gorgeous bronze eye makeup look is subtle yet so sultry.
- Use a full coverage foundation, concealer, and powder and go for a clean base.
- Use brown eyeshadow in your crease and heavy, black eyeliner on your upper lash line.
- Smudge the liner out with black eyeshadow and brown mixed for a lightly smoked out look.
- Top it off with a shimmery eyeshadow, preferably in tones of gold or copper.
- Tightline your lower lashline with kohl and put mascara.
- Fill in your eyebrows.
- Finish it off with nude lipstick for a makeup look that’ll go with any Indian outfit.
It’s The Red Trend
There’s something so chic about a glass-skin makeup look that’s topped up with a red-lip.
- Put a medium coverage or a full coverage foundation and add some liquid highlighter in it to get that naturally glowing skin.
- Use a brown or pinkish tone colour in your crease to create dimension and dust shimmery eyeshadow all over your lids with your fingers.
- Lightly line your upper lash line and smudge it out slightly.
- Coat your eyelashes with mascara.
- Finally, line your lips with some lip liner and top it off with lipstick for that photo-ready pout.
- Don’t forget to sweep on oodles of highlighter along the highpoints of your face.
Pretty In Pink
Looking to create a statement eye?
- Start with your eyeshadow- prime your lids and use a light pink toned eyeshadow to start off.
- Build it up by using burgundy in your crease and put on a glitter eyeliner for that extra oomph.
- Use some gold eyeshadow along the inner corners of your eyes.
- Warm your skin with bronzer to add dimension and colour.
- Fill in your brows and set them in place and put coats of mascara or even falsies if you like.
- Finish it off with pink lipgloss.
Nude For The Win
For this Kareena Kapoor look, less is more.
- Let your skin breathe by just putting concealer in your under eyes and high points of your face.
- Add a tiny winged liner.
- Just set your brows using a tinted brow mascara so that it will fill in sparse areas without looking too glam.
- Sculpt your face with a contouring kit or use bronzer on your cheekbones and jawline to add dimension.
- Add a pale, nude lipstick and you’re a goddess ready to rock!
Okey Dokey Smokey
Nothing makes a bold statement quite like a smokey eye!
- For the eyes, start with a taupe shade in the crease and build it into a cool-toned brown and black as you go.
- Blending is key so every time you put colour on your lids spend time going in windscreen wiper motions to make it look seamless.
- Tightline both upper and lower lashline and smudge out the lower lashline to make everything look meshed it and put on mascara.
- Fill your brows in and set them in place.
- Add blush to the apples of your cheeks and put on a pinkish-nude lipstick.
Colour Me Happy
Feeling feisty? Try this bright and fresh eye makeup look!
- Prime your eyelids and add a tiny amount of colour on a tapered brush focusing on the outer and inner corner.
- Almost leave the centre bare only for lightly blending in the two colours.
- Add a nude transition shade to the crease for the eye look to be smooth.
- Do your concealer and foundation routine and contour your jawline and cheekbones.
- Put on blush to your cheeks and a bit on your nose as well.
- Lightly dust highlighter to the high points of your face.
- Dab on pink lipstick or gloss and boom, gorgeous girl!
Take It Up A Pop
Not big on eye makeup? Let’s keep the focus on your lips.
- Start with base – prep, prime, conceal and set your skin.
- Add some warmth to your skin with a shimmery bronzer.
- Put on a few coats of mascara to give your lashes a quick pick me up.
- Lastly, add a bright lipstick and with minimum effort, you’ll look ultra-glam. Top it off with a little lip gloss if you like glossy lips.
What are you waiting for? Get, set, glow!
Image Source: Instagram