This world is a tough place to live in, right? However, while trying to survive this vicious circle, we often forget what’s truly important – the little things that actually make a difference and how that little difference truly makes us happy. They say, ‘The youth is wasted on the young’, we say it’s time to change that! Here are 53 life lessons that are the ultimate tips every 20-something needs for a happy life!
1. Make eye contact when talking to people, it’ll make you seem confident even when you aren’t feeling so.
2. Thank the driver, whether it’s public transport or private. Kindness will take you a long way!
3. If you can’t make a decision in life, it is always better to sleep over it.
4. Forgive yourself, keeping a grudge against yourself is the worst thing you can do.
5. Offer help only when you plan to give your everything to the job.
6. Never use your phone at the dinner table, it’s terrible manners.
7. It’s never too late to say sorry.
8. Learn how to cook a proper meal for yourself.
9. Ask, if you don’t understand and keep asking until you do.
10. Make your apologies long and your ‘thank you’s short.
11. In life, whether it’s personal or professional, always K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Silly!
12. Don’t talk in a movie hall, others have paid the same amount of money as you.
13. Spend some time away from technology – at least once every year.
14. Let your actions speak louder than your words, you’ll see the difference instantly.
15. Use ‘we’ when referring to your team.
16. No matter how old you are, you will always need your mom.
17. Always dance when you get the chance.
18. Never breakup with someone over a text, it deserves a proper conversation.
19. Your opinion is important, voice it.
20. Buy that lipstick – you only live once!
21. Emotions are way more valuable than money, don’t spend them recklessly.
22. Keep the secrets people tell you, don’t break their trust.
23. Make sure the memories you make are more than the number of pictures in your phone.
24. Never underestimate the people in your life, they’ll always end up surprising you.
25. Reality is not as painful as you think, come back to it once in awhile.
26. Hating someone is like a circle, you will be back where you started from.
27. It’s okay to cry.
28. Life doesn’t need to be fair to be good.
29. Write it down when something great happens to you and read it when you feel down.
30. Talk to someone if you are unhappy with them, communication is always the key.
31. Have at least one meal with your family whenever you meet them.
32. Learn to agree to disagree, you can’t win every argument.
33. Save money so that you can spend it on travel and food.
34. Don’t pity yourself. It’s tough for everyone out there.
35. Send handwritten letters to your friends and family, it’s fun and worth the effort!
36. It doesn’t matter what other people think of you. What matters is what you think of yourself.
37. Everything will change – be it good or bad.
38. Exercise regularly, it keeps both your mind and body fresh.
39. If you know you will end up hurting someone unnecessarily, don’t do it.
40. Overspeeding on the road is not worth risking your (and other’s) life.
41. Every time you are hurt, give yourself a time frame to cry about it and then move on.
42. Everything in your life should either make you extremely happy or be useful.
43. In this world, it’s almost never black and white – there are tons of colours in between.
44. Show up for important events, your presence makes a difference.
45. Friendships require effort, but it’s worth it.
46. Trust your intuition, there’s more to the world than what you can see.
47. Strive for happiness, not success.
48. Put experiences before material things, go for that bungee jump instead of buying a new dress this year.
49. The people in your life can change, just like you do. Don’t judge them because of that.
50. Age is just a number – you can feel old at 20 and young at 50, it’s a choice!
51. You can’t avoid hard work, so why not start now?
52. Step out of your house at least once every day, you need that fresh air.
53. Believe that there is always something better in store.