Coconut oil is Kriti Sanon’s go-to hair product when it comes to conditioning her long, luscious tresses. Kriti Sanon follows a strict skin and hair care regimen and we can’t help but envy her gorgeous, long, and luscious hair and the fact that it has always played the main character in all her movies.
To be honest, the starlet swears by coconut oil instead of choosing chemical treatments to revive her hair because she is compelled to use numerous styling products or high heat on a daily basis. She treats her hair to twice-in-a-week champis and regular hair spa treatments to pamper it and keep it healthy. Let’s find out how we can introduce coconut oil into our DIY haircare routine.
3 Ways You Can Use Coconut Oil In Your DIY Skin And Hair Routine
Your hair requires a lot of attention. What’s best for the mane then? Schedule another pricey salon appointment? Well, you don’t have to because that is not the only way out. Coconut oil, a traditional staple in every Indian kitchen, is here to your rescue.
Whip Up Banana, Avocado & Coconut Oil To Tame Frizz
Have a brunch date with your besties? Fret not; this coconut oil with avocado and banana hair mask is the only guarantee every curly-haired girl needs. The avocado and banana blend will offer naturally bouncy hair and will provide quick shine for any unplanned events.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
How To Make It:
- Simply mix 1 ripe banana and 1 ripe avocado into a paste to create the mixture.
- Next, thoroughly combine the mixture with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Section off clean, moist hair, and gently work the hair mask from root to tip into each section.
- Ensure that every area is evenly covered. Then, for 30 minutes, cover your hair with a towel or shower cap before rinsing.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, honey aids in enhancing the health of your hair by reducing dandruff and other scalp disorders.
Egg-cellent Hair Mask!
This simple DIY will save you if the mild weather change has left your hair looking dry, dull and brittle. Trust us, Kriti loves this one!
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
How To Make It:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil for the recipe in the microwave or on a burner (if not already).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg; next, add it to the heated (but not too hot!) coconut oil.
- Once the mixture is uniform, whisk in 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Section off clean, moist hair, and gently work the hair mask from root to tip into each section. Make certain that each area is evenly coated.
- After that, cover your hair for 30 minutes with a towel, T-shirt, or shower cap.
- Lastly, rinse your hair with water and the hair mask.
ACV & Coconut Oil Hair Mask FTW!
While apple cider vinegar’s inherent astringent is wonderful for thorough hair cleansing, coconut oil is a quick way to moisturise your limp strands. Whip up this hair mask to revive the health of your hair.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
How To Make It:
- Heat the coconut oil and combine it with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to create this two-in-one hair mask.
- When the mixture is cold enough to handle, divide your hair into sections and apply it to damp or dry hair, evenly coating each section from root to tip.
- Rinse off after 15 to 20 minutes of application.
- Next, use your usual shampoo and conditioner.
Coconut oil is here to save the day, for Kriti and you!
Featured Image: Instagram