Millions of Indians will be celebrating their 73rd Independence Day on August 15, 2021, in their home country & across the globe. It is a day that fills each one of us with patriotism as we remember the struggles of our great leaders & freedom fighters. Since the first revolution of 1857, India’s freedom fighters took it upon themselves to inspire others in a race to fight for the country’s independence. And to celebrate the day this year, sharing quotes on Independence Day & slogans on Independence Day in English is a great way to evoke a sense of patriotism & pride amongst your friends and family. As we inch towards celebrating Independence Day 2021, here’s bringing you the best Independence Day quotes by famous personalities, & slogans on Independence Day in English. These 35+ happy Independence Day quotes, Independence Day freedom fighter quotes & slogans on Independence Day in English are all you need to bookmark today!
Happy Independence Day Quotes
Independence Day Quotes in English – Unsplash
Here are a few Independence Day quotes to share with your friends and family!
Happy Independence Day Quotes by Famous Personalities
While the present pandemic demands Independence Day celebrations to be muted, there are a number of Independence Day quotes to instill a sense of pride and happiness amongst all.
- “So long as you do not achieve social liberty, whatever freedom is provided by the law is of no avail to you.” – B.R. Ambedkar
- “Democracy and socialism are means to an end, not the end itself.” — Jawaharlal Nehru
- “India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!”- Albert Einstein
- “In attaining our ideals, our means should be as pure as the end.”- Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- “We hope the world will act in the spirit of enlightened self-interest.”- Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- “When a man is in doubt about what to do, he goes wherever he happens to be first called.”- Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
- “Let new India arise out of peasants’ cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler and sweeper.”- Swami Vivekanand
- “We have believed and we do believe now that freedom is indivisible, that peace is indivisible, that economic prosperity is indivisible.”-Indira Gandhi
- “We have gathered here on a historic occasion at this ancient fort to win back what was ours. This flag does not symbolize the triumph of individuals or the Congress but the triumph of the whole country. The free flag of India is the symbol of freedom and democracy not only for India but for the whole world. India, Asia, and the world must rejoice on this great day.”- Sardar Vallabhai Patel
- “Whatever difficulties we may face, we must never give up the quest for truth, which alone is God himself.”– Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Independence Day Freedom Fighters Quotes
Given below are Happy Independence Day quotes by freedom fighters that will fill you with pride!
- “One individual may die for an idea; but the idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.” – Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- “Bombs and pistols do not make a revolution. The sword of revolution is sharpened on the whetting stone of ideas.” – Bhagat Singh
- “Do or die.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Give me blood, I ‘ll give you freedom.” – Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- “Manpower without Unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power.” – Sardar Patel
- “Don’t see others doing better than you, beat your own records every day because success is a fight between you and yourself.” – Chandra Shekhar Azad
- “A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Revolution did not necessarily involve sanguinary strife. It was not a cult of bomb and pistol. They may sometimes be mere means for its achievement.” – Bhagat Singh.
- “It is easy to kill individuals, but you cannot kill the ideas. Great empires crumbled, while the ideas survived.” – Bhagat Singh
Happy Independence Day Slogans
Independence Day Slogans in English – Freepik.com
India felt the first spark of freedom at the dawn of 15th August 1947. And in remembrance of the numerous martyred souls, the day is celebrated with great zest & pride. We have a curation of the most inspiring & the best Independence Day slogans by freedom fighters!
Slogans on Independence Day by Freedom Fighters
Slogans are powerful words that never fail to give us goosebumps and ignite the spark of patriotism. These Independence Day slogans from freedom fighters are worth bookmarking.
- “Inqualab Zindabad”- Bhagat Singh
- “Dilli Chalo”- Subhash Chandra Bose
- “Purna Swaraj”- Jawahar Lal Nehru
- “Jai jawan jai Kisan”- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- “Sarfaroshi ki tamanna, ab hamare dil me hai”- Rabindra Nath Tagore
- “Jai Jawan Jai kisan Jai Vigyan” – Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”- A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- “Dushman ki goliyon ka hum samna karenge, Azad hee rahein hain, Azad hee rahenge”- Chandra Shekhar Azad
- “Araam Haraam hai” -Jawaharlal Nehru
- “Satyameva Jayate”- Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya
Independence Day is fervently celebrated in India to pay respect to the struggles which our freedom fighters went through. Here’s a list of happy Independence Day slogans in english for you to share amongst your friends and family!
- Freedom could never be accomplished if India was not blessed with such great warriors.
- Many were wounded, many were shot, and this is how freedom was got.
- This celebration could be much joyous if we had our freedom warriors to celebrate it along with us.
- Commit your life to the country; it is the best Independence Day commemoration.
- We are varied by religion but united by the Nation. We love India.
- It is the day of remembrance; let our contribution towards the Nation progress.
- Don’t just relish freedom, remember its sacrifices too.
- Many departed for this freedom, and we are fortunate for we only have to preserve it.
- Pay respect to the real Heroes who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom.
- We can unfurl the Flag as we breathe in an independent country.
More Independence Day Stories
Best Patriotic Movies: It’s Independence Day and if you need ideas for amazing patriotic movies to watch, have a look at some of our suggestions!
Best Desh Bhakti Songs: Even though the ways of celebrating have changed, desh bhakti songs aren’t going anywhere! Check out some of them!
Independence Day Significance and History: Here’s everything you’ve ever wanted to know.
Independence Day Wishes: Spread positivity & love through these great and inspiring Independence Day wishes!
Independence Day Shayari: Indulge in some great Independence Day shayaris to share on this proud day.
Gandhi Jayanti Wishes: Here are the best Gandhi Jayanti wishes curated for you to send to your office colleagues and clients.
Slogans on gandhi jayanti: Who said slogans are outdated? Read these timeliness slogans on Gandhi Jayanti to know how relevant it is still today.
Hope our curation of Independence Day 2021 quotes, Independence Day quotes by Indian freedom fighters, Independence Day quotes in English by famous personalities & independence day slogans in english ignite the spark of patriotism in you! Happy Independence Day!
Featured Image: Freepik.com