Now that we are entering the season where we don’t have to wake up for work before the Sun, it’s time to let an easy-breezy skincare regime overhaul our winter skincare routine. In winters, we focus on protecting our skin from pollution and dryness. However, the demands of scorching weather and sun exposure are higher. As the season changes, the needs of your skin also change. Summers are all about soft, hydrated, cool and glowy skin and we don’t need to tell you twice how you need to step up your sunblock game. Throughout the season, moisturisers and exfoliators will also act as your guardian angel. It would be best to use natural products as they’ll allow your skin to breathe as well as to follow a few tips and tricks to rightly pamper and shield your skin.
Suggestion: Throw out any skincare product that’s older than six months as old beauty products can hold a build-up of bacteria which may lead to dull skin and clogged pores.
1. Move to a lighter moisturizer. Look for hyaluronic acid or water-based formula in products when the weather warms up.
POPxo Recommends: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel (Rs 849)
2. When your skin feels extra dry, exfoliate as it’ll unblock the pores by removing dead skin.
POPxo Recommends: Forest Essentials Deeply Nourishing Facial Cleansing Paste (Rs 1,950)
3. In summers, less is more. So switch your foundation and heavy moisturiser with a tinted lotion or BB cream. The lightweight formula in the product will strike a balance of oil production, will hydrate the skin and will plump it up. It’s a perfect way to get a sun-kissed glow or a no-makeup makeup look.
POPxo Recommends: Guerlain Meteorites Baby Glow (Rs 3,700)
4. Keep your face fresh throughout the day. Whether you are outside on the roads or in an office building, carry a citrusy or flowery face mist along and spray it whenever you feel like your skin is drying and catching the heat. It’ll keep the skin hydrated, refreshed and radiant. Our favourite is a rose mist to wake up dull and tired-looking skin during a long, hot day in the sun.
POPxo Recommends: Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose Water (Rs 275)
5. Don’t forget about your body. Summer fashion doesn’t exactly allow us to cover up our skin as as we do in winter. Hence, the skin on your body also needs protection and nourishment. Look for words like ‘hydrating’, ‘nourishing’ and ‘detoxifying’ on your body butter and don’t forget to use SPF everywhere.
POPxo Recommends: The Body Shop Body Yogurt – Mango (Rs 845)
6. Exfoliate and moisturise your lips with an SPF induced lip balm regularly. Dry and chapped lips is not just a winter problem.
POPxo Recommends: Cane Sugar Lip Scrub (Rs 595)
7. Consume vitamin-A and vitamin-E rich foods.
Featured Image Source: Instagram
GIFs: Giphy, Tumblr
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST. Online shopping for women never looked better!