Two coats of nail polish make our hands look so pretty and slick instantly. I feel like they gimme energy but the same cannot be said for chipped nail polish. One of my pet peeves is seeing chipped nail polish on somebody’s hands. Just.Wipe.It.Off!
Thanks to the global pandemic, we are constantly washing our hands to keep germs at bay. It has not only resulted in moisture loss but our nail polish gets chipped more often than usual. But don’t worry, we have found some ways for you so that your DIY manicure can last a little longer!
We know how frustrating it can be when you spend so much time to nail it right, only for it to get chipped after a few days!
Here are some ways you can make your manicure last a little longer and show off those stunning hands 💅
Before applying anything on your nails, just wash them with water. This will make your nails soft and the nail paint shall last longer. (Use the same technique when cutting nails).
Dry them using a towel and apply two coats of clear polish. This will act as the base for your nails (same as a primer in case of foundation).
The next step is to add a pop of colour to your nails. Since its officially #SummerTime, we say choose from popping shades such as pinks, blues, greens and even neons! Pastels are always a fab idea!
Once your nail polish is dried, you can either DIY using sequins, rhinestones or glitter polish or you can just secure your nail polish with two coats of topcoat!
This will not only keep your nail polish secure but will also ensure that your manicure lasts for days!
Just a few pointers to keep in mind:
– Do not apply a thick layer of nail polish (or topcoat) as your nail polish will chip faster.
– If your nail polish does get chipped, it’s advisable to remove it and apply it again, instead of covering it with the same nail colour.
– Use nail strengthens to keep your nails strong and healthy.
– Once in a while, give your nails a break and let them breathe freely.
– Apply cuticle oil on your nails and massage before sleeping.
Who’s in the mood for a manicure?
Featured Image: Freepik.com