Brows on fleek – who would have thought this statement would rule our lives for years on end. The beauty industry has been obsessed with brows for the last couple of years. While the trend is now losing the plot somewhere (with braided brows and ponytail brows), a beautiful, well-groomed brow look is something that everyone yearns for.
I love a full brow. You love a full brow. We all love a full brow, but how do we get there, all of us, ones who are and aren’t genetically blessed? Well here’s a step by step guide to getting perfect eyebrows just like Deepika Padukone.
1. If you are starting out on your brow journey, it is imperative to leave them alone. Ideally, you should let them grow out the way they are for 6-8 weeks before you style them. Try castor oil to aid the growth.
2. Find a pro that you can trust with your brows and get them to give you a stencil that you can follow forever.
3. Embrace your natural brow shape. Ideally, the pro you go to will not deviate further away from your natural brow incline and that is how it should be.
4. Once you get it into your system, you should be going in for a trim and threading every 3 -4 weeks to the salon.
5. Ideally, you should be tweezing unruly hair right at home every 4-5 days depending on the growth or as and when spotted.
1. You should invest in a good brow brush to ensure you can brush through your brows during the day and keep them in check.
2. Use a brow pencil (or powder) to line fill in your brows. Set your brows with a clear brow gel for them to last through the day. This tutorial should help you figure out the right way to fill in your brows.
3. Go light on the inner corners of your brows while filling them in.
4. Only fill in the sparse areas and create a mild outline, do not overdraw or have a heavy hand on the product.
5. If you have extremely scanty growth and pencilling in is too much effort then try a brow tint, either done professionally or do it yourself at home.
6. Once you fill in your brows, do not forget to clean up with a concealer around your brow line for a sharp look.
7. Highlight the brow bone to make your brows appear higher and more well-shaped.
Aroma Magic Castor Oil (Rs 115)
Colorbar Wow Brows Flat Tip Tweezer (Rs 180)
Freedom Pro Eyebrow Kit (Rs 676)
M.A.C Brow Sculpt (Rs 1,800)
Clinique Instant Lift For Brows (Rs 1,700)
The Body Shop Brow & Lash Gel (Rs 895)
NYX Professional Makeup 3-In-1 Brow Pencil (Rs 1,000)