9 Homemade Scrubs For Oily Skin That Are Easy-To-Make And Effective!
Exfoliation is an important step when it comes to summer skincare routine, especially for those with oily and acne-prone skin. Using a face scrub twice or thrice a week helps slough off dead skin cells, and reduces the chances of clogged pores and breakouts. Have you been looking for the best face scrubs for oily skin, but wanna avoid the chemicals that may be present in store-bought products? Lucky for you, you can easily make homemade scrubs for oily skin using simple kitchen ingredients! Just remember, exfoliating with a face scrub twice or thrice a week does the trick. Going overboard with exfoliating may leave your skin irritated.
Table of Contents
Best Homemade Scrubs For Oily Skin
- Sugar And Honey Scrub
- Oatmeal And Honey Scrub
- Orange Peel And Yogurt Scrub
- Coffee Scrub
- Cucumber Scrub
- Tomato Scrub
- Red Lentils Scrub
- Apple & Oatmeal Scrub
- Rice Flour Face Scrub
DIY skincare products (homemade body scrubs, DIY scalp scrubs, etc) are all the rage these days, and it’s not hard to see why! At-home beauty remedies are safe, easy to make, convenient, and don’t cost a bomb. If you’re looking to quickly whip up some homemade scrubs for oily skin, look no further! Below, we have listed down DIY face scrubs for oily skin that will help remove dead skin cells, and give your skin a radiant glow.
Sugar And Honey Scrub
Sugar and honey make for a great combination for naturally exfoliating your skin. Honey is often used in skincare products due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, and is a natural humectant, which helps lock in moisture without making your skin oily. Meanwhile, sugar granules help physically exfoliate the dead skin. This homemade scrub for oily skin will leave you with soft, supple skin while getting rid of clogged pores.
- Take 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and add 1 teaspoon of honey to it.
- Mix both the ingredients together, and gently apply this scrub to your face using circular motions.
- Let it seep into your skin for 5 minutes, and then wash off with water.
- For best results, apply this homemade scrub for oily skin twice a week.
Oatmeal And Honey Scrub
Ground oatmeal is a natural exfoliant that helps remove dirt, oil, and dead skin cells, and can be used along with honey for an effective homemade scrub for oily skin. Oatmeal can also help soak up excess oil off your skin, so go ahead and give this scrub a try!
- Take 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal and add 1 teaspoon of honey to it.
- Gently massage this scrub to your face in concentric circles.
- Leave it on for two minutes, then wash your face with water.
Orange Peel And Yogurt Scrub
After you’re done eating oranges, do not throw the peel away! Instead, use it to make this homemade scrub for oily skin. Orange peel is a good source of vitamin C, while yogurt is an excellent ingredient, especially for those with acne-prone and oily skin, and can help regulate oil production.
- Take orange peel powder and yogurt in equal proportions, and mix them well.
- Apply it to your skin gently and leave it on for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, wash off with water to reveal bright, soft and glowing skin!
This one is for all you coffee lovers out there! Coffee is an excellent exfoliator and is one of the most popular beauty ingredients due to its many benefits. Besides, it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and can help combat acne, making it a great ingredient for those with acne-prone skin. Check out this amazing homemade scrub for oily skin using finely ground coffee beans below!
- Mix 1 tablespoon of finely ground coffee beans with 1 tablespoon of fresh yogurt.
- Apply this mixture to your face and massage gently in circular motions.
- Wash away with water, and gently pat your skin dry.
It’s no secret that cucumber is a great skincare ingredient for those with irritated and acne-pore skin. It can help in minimizing your pores, cleansing the skin, and managing acne. Besides, it feels so cool and refreshing on your skin- what’s not to love? Try this simple homemade scrub for oily skin using cucumber to reap its benefits for the skin.
- Peel a cucumber, and grate it.
- Apply grated cucumber on the face, and gently massage in upward circular motions for 3 minutes.
- Once done, wash off the cucumber with water, and gently pat your skin dry.
Tomato is yet another ingredient that is great for oily skin! Not only are tomatoes good sources of vitamin C, but they also have astringent properties and can help absorb excess oil from your skin. This homemade scrub for oily skin can help in getting rid of dead cells, and can also keep excess oil at bay.
- Mix the pulp of 1 tomato with 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Apply this concoction directly to your face, and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Wash your face with water.
- If you have sensitive skin, avoid adding sugar. Instead, you can just apply the tomato pulp to your face directly.
Red Lentils Scrub
You may find this surprising but red lentil (masoor dal) is a great natural exfoliator, and can get rid of dead skin cells from your face. Besides being jam-packed with amazing nutrients, they also help combat skin issues such as acne, tan, pigmentation and more.
- Take 1 tablespoon powdered red lentil, 1 teaspoon of yogurt, and a small pinch of turmeric powder, and mix them well.
- Apply this paste to your face and massage gently for 2 minutes.
- Wash it off using water and pat your skin dry.
Apple & Oatmeal Scrub
Apple is extremely nutritious and is a great ingredient for the skin. Not only does it help keep your skin hydrated, but also acts as an exfoliant, brightens your skin, and helps reduce acne. Combined with oatmeal, it is a winning combination for your skin! Check out this simple homemade scrub for oily skin using oatmeal and apple below.
- Mix ½ cup grated apple with 1 tablespoon of oatmeal. Add 1 tablespoon of honey, and mix well.
- Gently massage your face with this concoction for a few minutes.
- Once done, rinse your face with water.
Rice Flour Face Scrub
Rice flour is slowly but surely gaining popularity in cosmetic products, mainly because of its numerous benefits for the skin. It is also said to be a natural exfoliant and can also help manage acne.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of rice flour with ½ teaspoon of honey.
- If the consistency of this mixture is too thick, you can add a few drops of milk, and mix well.
- Gently massage this DIY scrub for oily skin, and leave it on for 2 minutes.
- Wash your face with water, and pat dry.
Ready to give these homemade scrubs for oily skin a try?
More DIY Scrubs
Homemade Body Scrubs For Brides: You’ll find full body scrub offers in many salons and spas, but if you wanna opt for an inexpensive, chemical-free option, you might wanna give these homemade body scrubs a try!
Best Scrubs For Dark Elbows And Knees: Exfoliate your pigmented elbows and knees, and say hello to happy and smooth skin with our list of tried and tested knees and elbow scrubs!
Featured Image: Pexels