Every bride desires flawless skin on her wedding day. While some spas and salons have some great full body scrub offers going on, you might want to try to make one at home! It’s inexpensive, no added chemicals and gives you the skin you’ve always dreamt of having. These super beauty ingredients are to be found in your very own kitchen.Here are 7 homemade bridal body scrubs for the soon-to-be-bride. You glow, girl!
1. Chocolate Brown Coffee Powder
This homemade scrub is for all you coffee lovers out there! Not only does coffee taste divine, but it also is a fabulous beauty ingredient. It exfoliates skin, minimizes the appearances of cellulite, and does a great job of removing layers of dead skin cells.
- Step 1: Add 3 tablespoons of coffee to a medium-sized bowl.
- Step 2: Add ½ cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of olive and almond oil.
- Step 3: Blend all the ingredients well using a thick spoon.
- Step 4: Gently apply a generous amount of damp skin and scrub well.
- Step 5: Leave it to dry for about 20-25 minutes and wash it off using chilled water.
2. Grainy Oatmeal
Oatmeal as a scrub is the best way to exfoliate, moisturize and hydrate your skin in the most natural way possible. It has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe skin and protects it from environmental stress.
- Step 1: Grind 1 cup of oatmeal till you’re left with a paste.
- Step 2: Scoop the paste out from the mixer and empty it into a glass bowl.
- Step 3: Add ½ cup of unflavored yoghurt and add a couple of drops of coconut oil.
- Step 4: Apply it all over your body and let it stay on for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 5: Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
3. Ripe Banana And Crystal Brown Sugar
If you have dry and sensitive skin, you must try this banana body scrub. It not only nourishes your skin but also makes it smooth and baby soft.
- Step 1: Slice 2 ripe bananas into tiny pieces and mash it into a paste using a metal spoon.
- Step 2 – Empty the paste into a container, add 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and a teaspoon of fresh milk.
- Step 3: Blend all the ingredients well and apply all over your face, back, hands and legs.
- Step 4: Leave it to soak into your skin and dry for at least half an hour.
- Step 5: Wash it off using cold water.
4. Juicy Mango Delight
Don’t you just love the smell of mangoes?! We do too! A raw mango scrub is perfect to make your skin smooth, supple and radiant.
- Step 1: Add ½ a cup of sugar to a steel container.
- Step 2: Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and empty a cup of raw mango pulp as well.
- Step 3: Stir well and start applying it from your feet all the way to the top.
- Step 4: Massage well and wipe it off using a damp towel.
5. Fresh Mint Leaves
To give your skin a refreshing feel and touch, mint leaves are the best! It helps keep your skin youthful, supple and ever-so-soft!
- Step 1: Crush some mint leaves using a pounding stone.
- Step 2: Now, add a cup of white raw sugar in a bowl and add two tablespoons of squeezed lemon juice.
- Step 3: Add the crushed mint leaves and blend well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Step 4: Scoop up a generous amount of minty paste and spread it gently all over your body.
- Step 5: After 15-20 minutes, wash it off with cold water.
6. A Handful Of Lentils
Who knew masoor dal, moong and chana could have beauty benefits, eh? Well, they most certainly do! They will moisturize your skin and hydrate every inch of it! This scrub also helps rejuvenate skin and clears your pores of dust and bacteria. Hello, healthy skin!
- Step 1: Grind masoor, chana and moong dal in a mixer.
- Step 2: Empty the paste in a container, and add 1 tablespoon of honey and a couple of drops of rose water.
- Step 3: Use your fingertips to apply it all over your body and massage it in a circular motion.
- Step 4: Rinse it off with room temperature water after 45 minutes.
7. Natural Lemon And Sea Salt
Both ingredients serve as natural exfoliants and detoxifiers. They help brighten skin, erase spots and marks. This scrub also leaves your skin soft and hydrated.
- Step 1: In a container, add 2 ½ tablespoons of sea salt.
- Step 2: Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons and pour it into the container.
- Step 3: Add a couple a few drops of almond oil and stir well.
- Step 4: Apply it all over your body and wash it off using lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
MUST READ: Homemade Face Mask With Oatmeal
MUST READ: Skin Care Tips For A Beach Honeymoon – Less Tan, More Glow!
MUST READ: Keep Calm & Plan On 8 Bridal Beauty Products To Help You Relax
MUST READ: Homemade scrubs for oily skin