“Ladkiyaan ek dusre ki buraai kare bina reh hi nahin sakti.”
From our movies to elders, everyone keep repeating this statement as if it were a proven fact. And sadly, we internalise it as well growing up. Until we meet our wonderful women friends.
I started having warm feelings towards my women friends after going on a vacation with them, while sipping margaritas. I knew this was so much better than having any man(child) around.
I know I’m not the only one who feels this way and hence, I decided to ask women around me about their experiences. It felt so amazing that they had such heartwarming stories to share.
1. “I was a little skeptical of going as it was my first girl’s trip and I feel you should travel with people you are most comfortable with. But as the trip progressed, the doubts melted away. I remember having so much fun getting ready to go out with my girlfriends, the absolute mess we left in our rooms with open suitcases and tons of makeup on the dressing table. This was the sweetest memory for me.” -Harshita Singh
2. “I went on a vacation with a friend for one night and it was not at all awkward, like I thought it would be. We explored the city all day long and in the night, we drew a bubble bath, poured wine in our glasses and danced our hearts out.” -Anonymous
3. “Me, along with my girls, decided to go on a beach vacation. The best thing about it was that we didn’t think once before drying our intimates in the bathroom or had to think twice about wearing short clothes because we knew that no one was judging us while having the best time of our lives.” -Sakshi Sharma
4. “I remember going on a vacation with both my sisters and I felt it was going to be awkward and boring but damn, it wasn’t. We drank together (for the first time) and talked about our boyfriends all night long.” -Gunjan Aggarwal
5. “I remember going on a vacation with five girlfriends and I got my period the day we got there. I kept thinking about how I was going to feel left out during most of the activities we had planned for the following days. However, my girls changed the entire itinerary to make me feel comfortable, rather than making me feel like I ruined their plans. It was the warmest thing that ever happened to me.” -Riddhima Kapoor
6. “I went on a bachelorette trip with my cousins and I realized that women are the best (and fun) kind of people one can ever go on a trip with, contrary to what people believe.” -Naavya Gupta
7. “I always prefer traveling alone or with my girlfriends because there’s no fight over whose going to drive or worry over how much beer is left in the carton or someone asking us to keep their 100 things in our bag.” -Shruti Joshi
8. “To be honest, I preferred traveling with my male friends because I felt they were more easy-going and hassle-free. However, my perception took a one-eighty-degree turn when I traveled with my female best friend. Gosh, I realized that women are far more amazing as travel partners because we don’t give a damn about trivial issues.” -Radhika S
9. “I love and absolutely love travelling with women. I remember how I traveled with a bunch of female friends and we planned our entire day with time stamps. I literally achieved it all and it couldn’t have been possible with any male friend. My boyfriend would have been like, ‘let’s go and sleep’ after just one destination.” -Anonymous
10. “I went on a trip with three female friends. It might not have been the smoothest trip – we had our arguments and disagreements, yet, it was the most safe and comfortable trip ever.” -Bhavya Saini
These stories are just too cute and make me want to book a vacation with my girl gang right now!