home / DIY Life Hacks
Experts Share The Only 5 Things You Need To Look & Feel Good In 2020

Experts Share The Only 5 Things You Need To Look & Feel Good In 2020

On social media, we get bombarded with all kinds of images that are realistic and unrealistic; all kinds of tips on what to do and what not to do to look your best. Think about how many times you have come across an IGTV or an aesthetically done post saying ‘Drink this in the morning and you will lose 10 kilos of weight’! What’s worse is that everybody recommends their own version of “this”. From cumin soaked in hot water to cinnamon water, there’s a lot of information and misinformation out there. So, how do you decide what is correct and what will work for you? 

The answer is – there’s no one magic pill. During our recent POPxo Speakeasy, our panellists Sumaya Dalmia and Dr Kiran Sethi busted some myths and shredded expertise on the topic, separating fact and fiction.

Sumaya Dalmia is one of the leading fitness and wellness professionals in the country and has been in the industry since 1997. With a double major in Economics and Physiology from London, she is the owner and founder of Delhi’s first state-of-the-art personal training studio called SUMAYA. Dr Kiran Sethi is a celebrity dermatologist and a wellness expert from New York and has been in the industry for more than 10 years. She understands the importance of quality treatments and is committed to providing the best facilities to her clients at Isya Aesthetics.

Sumaya Dalmia

Dr Kiran Sethi

Truth be told, most of us get serious about fitness and skincare only when we have a major event coming up, like a wedding or the new year. Sumaya says, “You need to stay on that path for a long time and make a lifestyle switch into it. Don’t do something just because everyone else is doing it. Know what works for you and stay on the path,” says the expert.

Adding to that, Dr Kiran shares, “You’re exercising or doing skincare or doing a mask at home because it makes you feel good about yourself. It actually helps you in the long run and makes you feel healthier and happier.” Honestly, that’s all the advice we needed to put all our 2020 resolutions into action – consistency.

POPxo Founder & CEO

Priyanka Gill

At the same time, relying just on exercising alone isn’t enough. Priyanka Gill, our Founder & CEO, says, “Exercise is 20% of fitness and diet is the remaining 80%.” It is important to watch what you’re eating. And while you’re at it, give yourself at least 14 days to see it work.


To Sum It Up, Keep These 5 Things In Mind

1. The most important thing is to stick with your routines and give them at least six months to show results. Remember – consistency is key.

2. Exercise goes a long way. Working out four hours a week (which, btw, doesn’t have to be in the gym) or getting a facial once a month is all it takes to look and feel good.

3. Your diet plays a major role in your overall fitness. 80% of your fitness is your diet. 

4. Not all calories are equal. Pick 20 almonds against a cookie and you’ll notice how your body responds to that healthy change.

5. Try and cut down on sugar and dairy. It’ll work wonders for your skin.

So, what are you waiting for? Get back to your goal in 3…2…1…


27 Jan 2020

Read More

read more articles like this
good points logo

good points text