Gigantic effigies of evil rakshasa, the sky lit up with fireworks and a burst of colours – that’s what my childhood memories of Dussehra are made of. But as I grew up, I realised that this festival is much more than that. It’s the victory of good over evil as the day marks the historic win of Lord Rama over the evil king Ravana. Most importantly, Dussehra, in its basic sense, is symbolic of burning the negativity within us and celebrating the goodness.
This year, the festival falls on October 25 and to mark the occasion, we’ve made a list of Dussehra wishes, quotes and messages that you can send to your loved ones to wish them on the festival.
As per the Hindu calendar, Dussehra is celebrated on the tenth day of Shukla paksha (lunar phase) in the seventh month, which is usually September or October. While the festival represents two stories, one of them tells the tale of Ramayana. Here are some Dussehra wishes that you can send your family and friends to wish them on the festival.
1. “This is a time of celebration, this is the time for victory of good! This is the time the world sees the power of Good energy! Wish you a very Happy Dussehra!”
2. “May this Dussehra carry a lot of joy, prosperity and success for you. Best wishes for the day.”
3. “Let’s start a new life by conquering our eternal enemy like kama and krodh. Let’s take the path to give a new dimension to our life on this auspicious festival.”
4. “May Lord Rama shower his choicest wishes on you and remove all evil obstacles from your life. Happy Dussehra!”
5. “May your problems go up in the smoke with the Ravana. May you always stay happy and achieve everything in your life. Happy Dussehra”
6. “Let us come together and celebrate the victory of Rama over the evil power. Let us make this day even more special by removing the negative power from our lives. A very Happy Dussehra to you!”
7. “May Lord Rama keep lighting your path of success and may you achieve victory in every phase of life. Happy Dussehra!”
8. “May this festive season bring a lot of joy to your life! Stay positive and believe in yourself. Happy Dussehra to all of you!”
9. “With the victory of good and defeat of evil, may your life shine with prosperity and happiness. Happy Vijayadashami and Dussehra to you!”
10. “Rupam dehi, jayam dehi, yasho dehi, dviso jahi! May ‘Maa Durga’ grant you with inner beauty, victory over your evil self, glory to your name and may she destroy your enemies. On this occasion, I wish you and your family a very Vijayadashami and Dussehra!”
11. “Just like the lights and colours of the festival, may your life be filled with joy and prosperity. Happy Vijayadashami and Dussehra to you!”
12. “Like the victory of the good of Lord Rama over the evils of demon Ravana, may you be blessed with the strength to defeat all your evils and prosper happily in your life. A very happy Vijayadashami and Dussehra to you!”
13. “May the divine Maa Durga, eliminate all evils from your life. Wishing you and your family a very happy Vijayadashami and Dussehra!”
14. “The time for the celebration of the victory of the good over the evil has arrived. Let’s continue the same spirit. Happy Dussehra!”
15. “Enjoy the victory of good over the evil. May you have a fun-filled and blissful Dussehra.”
16. This Dussehra, may the shackles of evil burn and your family be blessed with good health and luck. Wishing you a happy Dussehra!
17. Dussehra is a time for celebration, a time for victory of good over bad, a time to get inspired by the exemplary power of good. Wishing you a happy Dussehra!
18. Let’s celebrate the victory of the forces of good over evil. Celebrate this auspicious day to mark new beginnings in life. Happy Dussehra!
Exchanging Dussehra greetings is a part of the tradition, so here are a few quotes on Dussehra that you can send to your loved ones:
16. “As birds are made to fly and rivers to run, the soul is to follow duty. Happy Dussehra!”
17. “Dussehra signifies the victory of good over evil. May all the evil around you vanish by the virtue of the goodness in and around you. Happy Dussehra!”
18. “May the demon in you always get defeated and the angel in you always control your thoughts. Have a blessed Vijayadashami!”
19. “May this Dussehra all your worries, problems and obstacles get burned with the effigy of Ravana. Have a happy Dussehra!”
20. “Don’t kill but conquer the Ravana in you.”
21. “Ram-fication of Ravan-outs thoughts is what Dussehra is all about.”
22. “Everyday the sun rises to give us a message that darkness will not always stay forever. It will be beaten by light. Let us follow the same rule and enjoy the festival of ‘good defeats evil’.”
23. “May you get the energy to vanish all the evils in your life with virtue of the goodness in and around you! Wish you a very Happy Vijayadashami!”
24. “May Lord Ram always keep showering his blessings upon you. May your life be prosperous and trouble-free throughout.”
25. “Fortunate is the one who has learned to admire, but not to envy. Good wishes for a joyous Vijayadashami.”
26. “Rama and Ravana – both have the same start but their end was decided by their karma. Happy Dussehra!”
27. “Anger, jealousy, greed and pride; they must never in your heart survive. Happy Dussehra!”
28. “O Lord, wandering with thee, even hell itself would be to me a heaven of bliss. Happy Dussehra!”
29. “The fragrance of the flower is never borne against the breeze, but the fragrance of human virtues diffuses itself everywhere.”
30. “Let us vanquish all our demons, embrace the Gods and may the angels forever protect us. Happy Dussehra!”
31. Vijaya Dashami ka shubh avsar apke aur apke parivar ke jivan mein sukh, samradhi aur shanti bharde. Happy Dussehra!
32. It is an auspicious day to start any good work. It was today that good won over bad. May this day clear all hurdles of your life and give you the energy to start a life of wellbeing. Happy Dussehra!
33. This Dussehra, may you and your family be showered with positivity, wealth, joy and success. Warm wishes of Dussehra!
Dussehra is celebrated in different forms in different parts of the country. While in Delhi and some other parts of north India, Ramlila is organised and effigies of Ravana are burnt, in Mysore, the Mysore Palace is lit with over 1,00,000 lights. And in Gujarat, people dress up in Gujarati attires and perform Garba.
To mark the occasion, here are some Dussehra messages to send to your family and friends:
31.“Happy Dussehra to all of you! Hope this festive season brings lots of joy in your life.”
32. “Let us come together to celebrate the victory of good over evil on this auspicious day. A very Happy Dussehra to you and your family.”
33. “May you be showered with good health and success this year. Good wishes for a joyous Vijayadashami.”
34. “On the happy occasion of Dussehra, I pray that Lord Rama fills your life with lots of happiness, prosperity, and success. Happy Dussehra to you and your family!”
35. “May this Dussehra light up for you the hopes of Happy times and dreams for a year full of smiles! Happy Dussehra!”
36. “May your life take a new turn this Dussehra. Let only positive and happy thoughts surround you and all negative and brooding ones burn along with the effigy of Ravana.”
37. “Let the joy of festivity embrace you & your loved ones on the occasion of Dussehra!
A very Happy Dussehra to you & your family.”
38. “Burn all ego, hatred, and anger within you along with the effigy of Ravana. May you be successful and happy ever! Happy Dussehra!”
39. “May your troubles go up in smoke with the fireworks. May your happiness be multiplied ten times. Sending Dussehra wishes your way.”
40. “Just as Lord Rama eradicated all evil from the earth by destroying Ravan, I wish that you also successfully banish all negative thoughts from your mind. Have a happy and prosperous Dussehra.”
41. “On this auspicious day of Dussehra, I wish you every happiness and the fulfilment of all your dreams.”
42. “On the occasion of Dussehra, I pray that Lord Rama fills your life with happiness, prosperity and success. Happy Dussehra to you and your family!”
43. “ Spread happiness and joy by conquering the negativity within and outside of you. A very Happy Dussehra to you and your family.”
44. “May you be blessed with all the goodness in the world. May you lead a healthy, wealthy and prosperous life. Happy Vijayadashami.”
45. “On the auspicious occasion of Dussehra, here’s sending my best wishes to you and your family. Happy Vijayadashami. Stay blessed, healthy and happy. Jai Shri Ram.”
46. May all the worries of your life burn along with the effigy of Ravana. May you be successful and happy ever! Happy Dussehra!
47. Long live the tradition of Hindu culture, as the generations have passed by, Hindu culture is getting stronger and stronger. Best Wishes for Vijaya dashami!
48. May this Dasara, light up for you. The hopes of happy times, and a year full of smiles! Wish you Happy Dasara.
Here are Dussehra WhatsApp Status messaging that you can use:
46. “Spread goodness this Dussehra. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Dussehra.”
47. “May Shri Rama bless you and your family! A happy, joyful and prosperous Dussehra to you and your family!”
48. “Celebrate the victory of the forces of good over evil. Let’s celebrate this auspicious day to begin new things in life. Happy Dussehra!”
49. “In your life, may the good triumph over evil; and may you achieve the strength and courage to follow the path of righteousness! Happy Dussehra!”
50. “Truth shall always prevail, good shall always reign! This is the true essence of Dussehra. So let’s celebrate and welcome Lord Rama’s blessings.”
51. “Learn to praise, not to envy. Have a blessed Dussehra 2020!”
52. “Happy Dussehra to all of you! Hope this festive season brings lots of joy in your life.”
53. “This Dussehra, kill the demon that seeks refuge in you to outgrow yourself as a better human being. Here’s wishing one and all a very Happy Vijayadashami.”
54. “With devotion, determination, and dedication Ram won his people. Jay Shree Ram! Happy Dussehra!”
55. “Burn away all the stress and tension in your life this Dussehra. I wish you a prosperous Dussehra.”
56. “Every Dussehra we learn a message that light always prevails. Let us follow this rule and enjoy this festival. Best wishes to you and your family.”
57. “Let us create a new life by conquering five eternal evils – Kaam, Lobh, Krodh, Moh, Ahankar. Happy Dussehra!”
58. “Like the effigies of Ravana, may your problems also burn away. Wish you a victorious Dussehra!”
59. “Dussehra signifies the victory of good over evil. May all the evils in and around you and your loved ones vanish by the virtue of goodness. Wishing you a very happy Dussehra!”
60. “Let’s start a new life by conquering over our eternal enemies. Let’s take an oath to give a dimension to our life on this auspicious festival. Wishing you a very happy Dussehra!”
61. “A time for celebration, A time for victory of good over bad, A time when the world sees an example of the power of good. Let us continue the same ‘true’ spirit. Happy Dussehra.”
62. “May the Goddess Durga turn all your dreams into reality this Vijayadashami! Stay blessed”
63. On this auspicious occasion, I wish the color, bliss and beauty of this festival be with you throughout the year! Happy Dussehra!
64. On this special day, as you celebrate valor & courage, triumph of good over evil, wish you success & happiness in everything you do. Happy Dussehra.
65. May Lord Rama always keep showering his blessings upon you. May your life be filled with prosperity and happiness. Happy Dussehra!
2. On the auspicious occasion of Durga Puja, may goddess Durga take away all your worries and bless you with health, wealth and prosperity.
3. I wish this Dussehra brings you devotion, determination and dedication in your life. Have a great Dussehra!
4. With devotion, determination, and dedication Lord Ram won over the evil king Ravana. May you also conquer all your fear by following his path. Happy Dussehra!
5. May God showers his choicest blessings on you and you win over every hurdle in life!
6. I wish for beauty, colour and bliss on this auspicious day of Vijayadashami. Happy Dussehra to you!
7. Good health, wealth, success and prosperity, may Goddess Durga bless you with all these things on this pious day of Vijayadashami! Stay healthy and stay cheerful!
8. This Dussehra, may you and your family be showered with positivity, wealth and success. Have a warm Dussehra!
9. Dussehra teaches us that good always wins over evil. So, we must always try to be good to others. Happy Dussehra!
10. Enjoy the triumph of good over evil. May you have a fun-filled and blissful Dussehra!
Did you like these Happy Dussehra wishes? Well, pick your favourites and don’t forget to send them to your friends and family members. Happy Dussehra!
Children’s Day Celebration Ideas: If you wondering how to celebrate Children’s Day this year, then do not worry because we have some amazing ideas for you.
Dussehra Captions: Take a look at Dussehra captions to go with your festive pictures on social media.
Navratri Captions For Instagram: Here are a few captions on Navratri for you to copy-paste in your notes! Make sure to keep them handy for your next post.
Durga Puja Wishes: Check out our curation of Durga puja wishes for 2021 to share with your family and friends.
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi 2021: Check out our curation of Ganesh Chaturthi’s wishes in English!
Janmashtami Wishes: Here are some of the best Janmashtami wishes.
Teej Wishes: All top teej wishes are curated for you to wish your family and friends.
Birthday Wishes for Mother: The most special woman in your life deserves the most special gift! Check out these birthday wishes for mom that will make her heart melt.
Featured Image: NDTV