Bigg Boss 16 has the most diverse batch of contestants and their personalities are already shining out. While some Bigg Boss 16 contestants are relatively new faces, a few have been popular for years. Tina Datta belongs to the latter category. She has been a big Television actress and already has a place in the audience’s hearts. She was last seen in the supernatural thriller, Daayan. The show ended three years ago and Tina has been MIA since then. Hence, her fans are elated to see her become a part of the Bigg Boss house after such a long time.
Born on November 27, 1991, in Kolkata, Tina’s actual name is Tanisha Datta. Tina kickstarted her acting career from the age of five with a serial called Sister Nivedita. Although she started acting at a young age, Tina didn’t let that get in the way of her education. She completed her schooling at St. Paul’s Boarding & Day School in Khidderpore, Kolkata. She then did her English Honors from the University of Calcutta. Though she is active in both the Hindi and Bengali entertainment industries, she received fame after her role in Uttaran. People still remember her as Ichcha. Bigg Boss 16 ‘s Tina Datta has also won many awards for her performances.
Tina was born in a middle-class Hindu Bengali family. Her family calls her Tinzi at home. She shares a close bond with her brother, Debraj Datta. The actress is currently single but in the past, she made headlines due to her affair with a supervising Producer, Mahesh Kumar Jaiswal. Later, she also dated businessman Paresh Mehta.
Tina Datta has had a glorious acting career barring the past three years. Her net worth is estimated at approximately ₹10 crores. The actress’ major source of income comes from TV serials.
Although Tina was MIA onscreen for three years, she never stopped being active on social media. The actress has 2.9 million followers on Instagram, and she posts regularly. Tina’s Insta feed is filled with photoshoot pictures, entertaining reels, and fashion tips. She’s also quite active on Twitter and has over 40K followers there.
– Tina Datta played the role of young Lalita in the 2005 Bollywood film Parineeta.
– Tina has participated in Khatron Ke Khiladi season 7. Additionally, she has also been a part of Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa, The Kapil Sharma Show & Comedy Circus.
– This is not the first time Tina is appearing in the Bigg Boss house. She entered the house as a guest in Bigg Boss 5 and Bigg Boss 14.
– Tina opened up about being physically and verbally abused in a relationship and how it led to depression.
– Last year, Tina accused her Daayan co-star Mohit Malhotra of touching her inappropriately while they were shooting some intimate scenes. However, they cleared out their differences later.
– She also had differences with her fellow Bigg Boss 16 contestant and Uttaran co-star, Sreejita De. It was due to confusion and competition around who should be credited as the lead actress.
We don’t know about you, but we’re clearly vouching for Tina Datta in the Bigg Boss 16 house. Do you see her as one of the finalists?
Feature Image: Instagram