Honestly, I truly believe that skincare is self-care. We’ve all been there researching about what kind of beauty routine to follow and which ingredients to include in our regimen. Some of the popular ones are salicylic acid, Vitamin C, tea tree oil, and niacinamide.
Now, we’re here to tell you about another amazing ingredient that is slowly and steadily gaining attention in the beautyverse and it is moringa oil. So read on cause we’re giving you a low down of what this ingredient really is.
Moringa oil is derived from the seeds (not the leaves) of the Moringa Oleifera tree. It is a small tree, native to the Himalayan mountains and practically all of its parts (roots, flowers, bark) can be used for nutritional or medicinal purposes.
It plays an important role in the skincare world because of its amazing moisturising and soothing properties.
If you are someone who loves layering on skincare products, then you must give moringa oil a try today. Here’s why:
– Immensely hydrating: Moringa oil is great for maintaining a healthy skin barrier. It also locks in the moisture and is superb if you have sensitive skin.
– Reduces signs of ageing: Since it is basically made up of fresh oil with low oleic acid, it helps to keep the skin plump and fresh, contributing to a more youthful appearance.
– Has healing properties: Moringa oil is a great choice to help heal minor cuts or burns because of its emollient properties.
– Improves the overall appearance of skin: Its texture and consistency help maintain the balance of the skin without making it look greasy.
– Is antimicrobial: Because of its high Vitamin E content, it is super hydrating and has antimicrobial properties.
– Helps soothe inflammation and prevents breakouts: Yes, moringa oil can contribute to reducing the appearance of acne without clogging pores. It helps reduce skin inflammation, pigmentation, and acne.
If you are someone who has recently started using gua sha on her face, then replace your current oil with moringa oil and we bet you’ll be amazed by the results.
Using moringa oil on a daily basis will bring so many great results to your skin.
-To start off, apply a few drops on your face every night before sleeping. If you see positive results, then its time to use it twice a day. But make sure you definitely wash your face as soon as you wake up.
– Do not use it directly on your face. Either use a carrier oil or mix it with your facial moisturizer.
– You can also mix a few drops into your body lotion for intense hydration.
– You can also use it as a lip oil to treat dry and cracked lips. Just two drops should be more than enough.
– You can also mix it with your hair packs to deal with an itchy or a dry scalp.
There is no scientific proof of its potential side effects. But, if you do think that it may be causing an allergic reaction, then stop using it immediately and visit your dermatologist.
Ready to add another amazing ingredient to your skincare regimen?
Featured Image: Pexels