22nd April is celebrated as World Earth Day every year to show support for the protection of the environment. Founded in 1970, this day also marks the birth of the environmental movement. It is a day dedicated to raise awareness about environmental issues by conducting Earth Day activities and give back to mother nature.
Earth Day gives us all the perfect opportunity to discuss pressing issues and even learn about ways to eradicate environmental problems and save our mother Earth. Not just that, it is also the time to appreciate nature and celebrate everything that it gives us.
So, if you're looking for ways to celebrate Earth Day or hoping to find a list of Earth Day activities, we've got you covered!
Earth Day activities are a great way to celebrate this day with kids while helping them understand the importance of nature in our lives. Art and crafts, fun activities, and engaging discussions can help prepare the next-gen to do their bit to protect the environment.
1. Have a 'best out of waste' competition for the kids in the neighbourhood. Ask them to use waste materials like eggshells, plastic bags, plastic bottles, glass, etc., to create something useful.
2. Talk to your kids about the importance or rather the dire need to save the environment. Also, discuss why it is essential to reduce, reuse and recycle.
3. Take this opportunity to make a difference by celebrating Earth Day as a no-car day. Avoid using any vehicle and use cycles instead.
4. Build a birdhouse or even better, a bird feeder. Birds are an integral part of our lives and the ecosystem. A birdhouse or bird feeder can be a great project for the kids and help attract birds to your backyard or balcony. It will give the children a chance to learn about the birds and you can always use recycled material for your project.
5. A nature walk is a great way to help children learn about the environment. And while you're at it, don't forget to click a lot of pictures!
If you’re thinking about how to celebrate Earth Day with your family, fret not ‘coz we’ve got you covered. Here are some Earth Day activities you can engage in with your family and loved ones.
1. Head out for a tree plantation drive. This might sound very mainstream but it's a great way to bond with your loved ones while you take a step towards saving the environment.
2. Donate for a green cause. You may not be able to volunteer but you can always donate to help them take things further.
3. Plan a trip to a recycling site. This field trip will help you and your loved ones learn more about what happens to waste after it is picked up. More importantly, it can help you learn what you're doing wrong and what you can do to contribute to the cause.
4. Take all the waste fabric and old clothes and use them to make bags. Set up a stall in your neighborhood and hand out these bags and request people to use them instead of plastic bags.
5. Have a discussion with your loved ones about what you can do to save the earth and more importantly, set environmental conservation goals for the next year.
It is our collective responsibility to protect the environment and the planet for all of humanity. This is why it is important that companies also engage in Earth Day activities to raise awareness among people and get the conversation going.
1. Put together a Green Team whose target is to make your workplace a greener, sustainable and environmental-friendly place. They can begin this by reducing stationery and water wastage.
2. Have an incentive-based recycling programme. Set monthly reducing, reusing, and recycling goals and reward the employee who does his/her best at saving the environment. Give coupons or cash as rewards.
3. Hold a meatless day once a week or maybe for an entire week on the occasion of World Earth Day 2021.
4. This day is the perfect opportunity to hold a cleanliness drive. Pick a dirty spot near your area or head to the beach and start picking up the trash. Remember to ensure that all the employees wear masks and gloves and take precautions!
5. A seminar on plastic as well as electronic waste management can be a great way to celebrate Earth Day. Not much is known about electronic waste and we all know that electronics are a huge part of our lives.
Fascinating Facts About Earth Day: We all know that Earth Day is about preserving our surroundings but ahead of Earth Day 2021, here are some fun facts that will encourage you to take steps for a better future.
Earth Day Quotes And Slogans: On this World Earth Day, raise awareness and get the conversation going about saving the environment. And the best way to do so is by sharing inspiring quotes and slogans with everyone on your list.
World Environment Day Slogans And Quotes: Just like Earth Day, World Environment Day is aimed at protecting the environment. This day is celebrated on 5th June annually and you can contribute by spreading awareness by sharing slogans and quotes with all your near and dear ones.
World Health Day 2021 Activities: World Health Day, celebrated on April 7, is all about mental and physical health. But this day also marks the founding day of the World Health Organization. This year's theme is 'Building a fairer and healthier world' with equal access to health care facilities. And that's exactly why we need to take this opportunity to indulge in activities to raise awareness and bring about a change, however small it may be.
World Water Day Quotes And Slogan: We don't need to remind you of the importance of water in human life. This World Water Day, take a stand and bring about a change. To get you started, we have some quotes and slogans.
World Earth Day 2021 is just around the corner and now is the best time to take action against climate change. More importantly, it's time we start taking our planet and nature seriously and do our bit to help save it.
Feature Image: Unsplash