When it comes to choosing a lipstick, it's all about the texture and how comfortable it feels on the lips. Whether it is a metallic lipstick or a creamy matte, we are spoilt for choice. Gone are the days when the 'bullet' lipsticks were the only type of lipstick we knew existed because now, we can get our hands on so many varieties that it is crazy. And if you are someone who is not a fan of super staying lipsticks and prefers lightweight lipsticks, then you gotta try powder lipsticks today!
But first, let us understand what a powder lipstick is exactly.
Powder lipsticks are awesome. Introduced to us by the Koreans brands like Etude House, it has everything the Koreans want from their beauty products...
- It is easy to use, feels super light, faint but nice colour payoff and doesn't look too loud.
- The lipstick comes across as a new form of a liquid lipstick but instead of the sticky texture, it feels exactly like powder and the consistency of the lipstick feels like whipped cream.
- It gives a subtle matte finish to the lips, without drying them out. No, they are not long-lasting like a traditional liquid lipstick and also doesn't set in the cracks of our lips.
- Their formula is usually hydrating and is a perfect pick for everyone who has dry lips. Just squeeze it out from the tube and apply!
- The lipstick usually also has a tiny cushion puff that you can use to spread colour evenly on your lips.
And if you are someone who wears nothing but the brightest shades in the room, thankfully, there are a lot of variations available in the market for us to try that offer much more pigmented colours than the Koreans versions.
If you are someone who loves creating gradient lips or loves to flaunt an ombre lip once in a while, then you need to try the magic that is powder lipsticks. Trust us, the hype is worth it!
Since the lipstick is super lightweight, it is really easy to apply all over your lips. In fact, you can also use it to create a nice, monotone look with it by applying it over your lids, lips and cheeks. PS: It's time to check out these babies.
ETUDE HOUSE Powder Rouge Tint is a lip tint, but a powder form. Not only it gives the lips the matte finish of your dreams but you can totally build up the formula to make the colour denser.
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Puff Lippie Cream is one of the best powder lipsticks you'll ever try. It is super lightweight, feels heavenly on the lips and always manages to enhance that pout. Their shade range has numerous picks for everybody and honestly, it slaps, hard!
Powder lipsticks are known to give that blurry effect to your lips that makes the people wonder, "What is she wearing on her lips?"
And if you want all eyes to be on that pout, then you have to try M.A.C Powder Kiss Liquid Lipcolours. They are super creamy almost velvety that gives an almost matte finish to your lips.
Time to take your lipstick game to the next level with L'Oreal Paris Tint Caresse. Enriched with flower oils, these are transfer-proof powder lipstick that you can totally wear under the mask too!
Clinique Pop Lip Shadow Cushion Matte Lip Powders is a weightless, matte lip product that deserves to be a part of your vanity. Just apply a tent tiny amount on your lips and you're good to go!
So girls, are we feeling the powder power yet?
Featured Image: Pexels.com