Korean skincare products are having a major moment in the beauty world RN. Emulsions, essences, night sleeping masks, facial serums; where were these when I was growing up?! And if you are someone who is well-versed with different kinds of Korean products or the ingredients they commonly use, then you might have seen cica-infused skincare products.
Cica has been used in the Korean skincare industry for many years now and the rest of the world is just catching up on this amazing skincare ingredient. And, if you looking for a new skincare ingredient to try or just love using Korean skincare in general, then keep on reading everything there is to know about cica.
Cica is short for Centella Asiatica, a plant found commonly in Asia. It has also other interesting names such as gotu kola and Asiati acid in the different parts of the world. and if you are a true skincare fanatic, then you know that cica-infused products are sometimes labeled as 'tiger grass'. That's because tigers rub their wounds on it to help heal their skin.
So yes, cica is enriched with healing properties and if you have sensitive skin or skin inflammation, then you're going to love cica in skincare.
Cica has nothing but a huge list of pros why you should incorporate it into your skincare regimen today:
- Has ultimate soothing and healing properties, making it a great choice if you have skin that loves reacting to every product you use.
- Cica also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is amazing if you have skin issues such as urticaria, eczema or psoriasis.
- Cica is also extremely hydrating in nature. So if you have dry skin, try using cica-infused products and we bet, you'll be wondering "Why didn't you try these products before?!"
- Cica also helps strengthen the skin's barrier and works miraculously on the skin while you take your beauty sleep.
- It is also good to wake up tired skin or protect that skin that's constantly exposed to pollution and other radicals.
Although you may think of this as *another Korean skincare ingredient* but trust us when we say this -- this is really gentle on the skin and if you are someone who is just stepping into the Korean skincare world or wish to reduce their skincare regimen to just a few steps instead of using a plethora of products...just using this particular ingredient once a day will make your skin glow like never before!
Now that we know all the basics about cica in skincare, here are some cica-infused products worthy of trying!
You know what time is it? Time to incorporate cica skincare products!
Featured Image: Pexels.com