Your skin is the largest organ on your body. Keeping that in mind, it's important that you take good care of it. Skin can be looked after by moisturising and applying nourishing face packs to it. Should you want to take it up a notch, then you must give chemical peels a shot! They help to treat wrinkles, fine lines, sunspots and acne scars. In a nutshell, they work hard to improve the skin's texture and colour.
How Is A Chemical Peel Done?
According to Dr Sushant Shetty, Head - Medical Operations, Services and Engineering, Kaya Limited, a chemical peel is a technique that is used by certified dermatologists to improve the skin’s appearance and texture. A cocktail of exfoliants/chemicals in accurate concentration is applied to the skin and eventually wiped off. The agent acts on your skin and exfoliates it. The top layer of the skin eventually peels off, giving way to smoother, even-toned skin. It might sound a bit scary, but when done under the supervision of a certified dermatologist, it is an effective solution to a variety of skin concerns ranging from dullness to wrinkles and acne etc.
What Chemical Peel You Should Go For Based On Your Skin Type?
If you are getting a chemical peel done clinic, please note that skin solutions are only given to clients after the dermatologist assesses their skin type and concern first.
These Are The Most Popular Chemical Peel Treatments Available At The Kaya Skin Clinic:
- Advanced Skin Bright Retinol Peel (starting at Rs. 2,800): Provides a brightening effect and hydration. It evens out your skin tone and refines fine lines and wrinkles. It is also effective for acne and antiaging issues.
- Acne Control Pumpkin Peel (starting at Rs. 2,800): Deep cleanses and control acne. It ensures sebum regulation and firms up your skin. It is the perfect solution for early acne.
- InstaGlow Mango Peel (starting at Rs. 990): Contains plant stem cells & mango extracts. Suitable for all skin types. It evens out the skin tone and reveals an inner glow.
- Vitamin C Peel (starting at Rs. 2,800): Contains plant stem cells & Vitamin C. Suitable for all skin types and even mature skin types. It evens out the skin tone and fights signs of ageing.
These Are The Most Popular Chemical Peel Treatments Available At The Bodycraft Clinic:
- Glycolic Acid Peel (starting at Rs.1,500): For pigmented and acne-prone skin.
- Salicylic Acid Peel (starting at Rs. 1,500): For acne-prone and oily skin. Not recommended for sensitive skin.
- Citric Acid Peel (starting at Rs 1,500): Suitable for all skin types. A good chemical peel to use on pigmented skin that has dark spots.
- Meline Peel (starting at Rs 5,500): For pigmented and sun-damaged skin.
These Are The Most Popular Chemical Peel Treatments Available At ISAAC Luxe
- Glycolic Acid Peel (starting at Rs 8,000): This peel will help to improve breakouts, pigmentation and enlarged pores.
- Lactic Acid Peel (starting at Rs 8,000): Helps in lessening skin breakouts, wrinkles and scars on the skin.
- Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel (starting at Rs 8,000): Treats hyperpigmentation and melasma.
- Pumpkin Peel (starting at Rs 8,000): Helps to improve the texture of the skin.
- Mandelic Chemical Peel (starting at Rs 8,000): Removes dead skin from the skin's surface, accelerates cell turnover and fights premature ageing.
How To Take Care Of Your Skin After A Chemical Peel?
Dr Sushant Shetty also stresses on the fact that after the chemical peel session, the skin is prone to sun damage. Hence, use a UVA & UVB protection sunscreen and limit your exposure to the sun. Avoid peeling the skin--it should exfoliate by itself and shed. Avoid using strong soaps and other products as they tend to irritate the skin. You may also need to avoid swimming and sun exposure based activities for awhile. Based on your skin type and needs, of course, this information will be explained to you in detail by your dermatologist.
COOLA SPF30 Face Classic Sunscreen Cucumber Moisturizer