Our school was one place that we might have hated at that time but we all cherish the memories from those days now. While we were being disciplined by our parents at home, we were spending a considerable amount of time with our teachers in school. Of course, most of us didn’t realise how the teachers taught us both academic and life lessons back then, but now, all we remember is that fun student-teacher relationship that we all had with our teachers. They praised us, they believed in us and most importantly, they helped us grow. We all have at least one teacher in our lives who played a great role in shaping us into who we are today.
Teachers' Day is celebrated across the world but on different days. In India, it is celebrated on September 5. The date has been chosen in memory of the second President of independent India, Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who was also a great teacher. With Teachers' Day just around the corner, here are some inspiring quotes for Teachers' Day, messages and Teachers’ Day wishes that you can send to make them feel special.
To thank and honour your teachers, here are some beautiful Teachers' Day wishes that you can send them to celebrate the day.
1. “You have always been an excellent educator who knew exactly how to illuminate a soul with its own light. Happy Teachers' Day to my favourite teacher!”
2. “All the efforts and hard work you invested to bring out the best in us can never be repaid in mere words. We can only feel grateful for having a teacher like you! Happy Teachers' Day.”
3. “Our parents gave us life and it was you who taught us how to live it. You introduced honesty, integrity, and passion to our character. Happy Teachers' Day!”
4. “You inspired me to reach my goals and achieve my dreams. More importantly, you inspired me to be you. Thank you, teacher. Happy Teachers' Day.”
5. “You are the reason why I love learning. Thank you for making education fun and not boring. Happy Teachers' Day!”
6. “On Teachers' Day, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the source of inspiration. Your teachings inspire me and never let me waver from my path.”
7. “I am grateful to be your student. Thank you for challenging me to be my best and instilling in me a passion for learning. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
8. “Dear teacher, your inspiring words have changed my life. Thanks for making me what I am today. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
9. “You took my hand, you saw my potential, you sparked my imagination, you gave me wisdom. Thank you, my teacher!”
10. “Without you, we would have been lost. Thank you, teacher, for guiding us, inspiring us and making us what we are today. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
11. “It was your unsatisfiable passion for teaching and uncompromising ethics as a teacher, that shaped us what we are today! Happy Teachers’ Day!”
12. “You gave us all the reasons to dream big and all the resources to achieve it. You are a blessing in our life. Happy Teachers Day!”
13. “Dear teacher, you have been a great mentor and guide and have shaped my career well. I thank you for your effort and hope you remain a superb mentor for others also. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
Here are some Happy Teachers’ Day messages that your mentors will love.
14. “A good teacher is a way to success. I was lucky enough to meet you. You have been such a wonderful friend and my biggest support, and I can’t be more grateful to you. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
15. “Teaching is one profession that creates all other professions. Thank you for helping me become the person I am today. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
16. “Being your student is truly a blessing. I’ve learned so much from you. You are, hands down, the best teacher and an amazing person. Thank you for everything you do for all of your students. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
17. “Today I celebrate you for being selfless, devoted, hardworking, and the wisest person in the classroom. I am grateful to be your student. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
18. “Everyone needs a push and start in life. And for me, it was from my favourite teacher. Happy Teachers’ Day”
19. “I have so much gratitude for you, ma’am. You are a role model for all of your students. Thank you for making us wiser each and every day. Happy Teachers’ Day!”
20. “To my dearest Teacher, for your patience and caring, for your kind words and sharing. I just want to say thank you.”
21. “Thank you for all your hard work to make me grow and become what I am now. Happy Teacher’s Day!”
22. “If knowledge is the light, then you are this guiding star that gives us this light. Thanks to you, we abandoned ignorance and got ready to explore this wonderful world full of knowledge and amazing mysteries! Happy Teachers’ Day!”
23. “You were earnest in all your duties as my teacher, no wonder I turned out to be what I am today. Happy Teachers' Day”
24. “It is you who inspired me to question, wonder, and think... Thanks for everything you did for me. Happy Teachers’ Day, ma’am!”
25. “You guide me when I was lost
You supported me when I was weak
You have enlightened me all through. Happy Teacher's Day!”
26. “The way you teach...
The knowledge you share...
The care you take...
The love you shower..
Makes you the world’s best teacher...
Sending my love and warmth to you
May you have a memorable Teachers’ Day!”
27. “To my favourite teacher.
You have helped me by enlightening me with your wisdom,
Transforming me with your intellect and
Working diligently with perseverance.
You have helped shaped me into the person
I am today and for that, I will always be thankful!
28. “Good teachers are hard to find and we were really lucky to have you as our teacher.
You made us want to become better students and better persons. That means a lot.”
As we celebrate our gurus, here are some meaningful Teachers’ Day quotes to express to your mentors what an inspiring individual they are and how they make an impact on your life every day.
To mark the occasion of Teachers’ Day, here are some of the inspirational Teachers’ Day quotes that you can put up as your WhatsApp/Facebook status.
29. “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, calibre, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher that will be the biggest honour for me.” - APJ Abdul Kalam
30. “Those who educate children well are more to be honoured than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.”- Aristotle
31. "Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai
32. “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression & knowledge.” - Albert Einstein
33. “Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man.” - Swami Vivekananda
34. “I have always felt that the true text-book for the pupil is his teacher.” - Mahatma Gandhi
35. “The true teachers are those who help us think for ourselves.” - Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
36. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” - Nelson Mandela
37. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” - William Arthur Ward
38. “One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” - Philip Wylie
We all remember that one teacher who always had a joke up their sleeve... a little anecdote or a fun story to share with their students. For them, we’ve curated a list of funny Teachers’ Day quotes.
39. “If you think your teacher is tough, then wait until you get a boss. He doesn’t have tenure.” - Anonymous
40. “If I have to grade a teacher like you, I’ll give you an A+ all the way through.” - Anonymous
41. “A teacher's job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.” - Anonymous
42. "How is it that little children are so intelligent and men so stupid? It must be education that does it." - Alexandre Dumas
43. “Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.” - Gracie Allen, American comedienne
44. “Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.” - Daniel Boorstin, American historian
No matter how old we grow, the lessons taught by our teachers will always stay with us. Make them feel special by sending them these heartwarming Teachers’ Day quotes.
45. “Being one is the highest privilege, having one is the best blessing. Happy Teacher’s Day!”
46. “Teacher's change the world, one child at a time.”
47. “For all that you do, for all that you say and for all that you give, you are by far the best and I thank you.”
48. “Teachers are the parents who guide you without any ulterior motive. I thank you, dear teacher – for being my strength and inspiration!"
49. “The way you teach, the knowledge you share, the care you take and the love you shower, make you the world’s best teacher.”
50. “Better than a thousand days of diligent study, is one day with a great teacher.”
51. “Kids will forget what the books taught but they will never forget what the teacher said.”
52. “With a great teacher like you, I was sure that life would be a successful journey but I never knew you will also make the journey to success such a cakewalk. I can’t express my gratitude.”
53. "Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own." - Nikos Kazantzakis
54. “I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. It might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.” - John Steinbeck
55. “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book."
56. “Teachers affect eternity; no one can tell where their influence stops.” - Henry Brooks Adams
57. “Good teachers like you aren’t always the ones who have fancy degrees and qualifications. They are the ones who have a big heart and a burning desire to make the world a better place...one kid at a time.”
58. “A good teacher like you can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instil a love of learning.”
Even though reserving just one day for appreciating our teachers isn’t enough, make sure that you make their day special by letting them know that you love and respect them.
Featured Image: Instagram