Time to seal the deal with oatmeal!
This grainy substance is responsible for keeping our skin and hair happy (tastebuds have a different opinion though). For many years, oatmeal has been used as a natural ingredient to treat itchy skin, acne, get rid of dead or flaky skin, and also helps maintain pH levels of our skin. Its texture is very mild and smells delicious 😋
Here are some awesome beauty hacks in which you can use oatmeal to treat problematic skin and an itchy scalp.
We all have a love-hate relationship with oatmeal. Oatmeal is healthy (and delicious?) start to the day but its benefits go way beyond that. Here are some beauty-ful ways you can incorporate using oatmeal in your beauty regimen.
Add life to dull skin with a simple DIY oatmeal cleanser! It'll not only get rid of the dirt and the dead skin cells but will also leave you with irresistibly soft skin.
To make an oatmeal cleanser:
- Add 1 tbsp. of oatmeal in a blender for a minute.
- Add 1/2 tbsp. honey and warm water. Mix everything till it forms a smooth paste.
- Clean your face with rosewater and cotton and apply the paste on your face.
- Massage it in a circular motion for a minute or so and wash it off.
For best results, use it after a hot shower as your pores will be open (natural steam) and it'll remove the dirt easily!
Given the nutty nature of oats, it's not uncommon to use them in scrubs or as a natural exfoliator.
To make an exfoliating scrub using oats:
- In a blender, crush one cup of oatmeal for about 30 seconds.
- Add 2 tbsps. of crushed almonds and your oatmeal mix in a bowl.
- Add 3-5 tbsps. of milk and your DIY scrub is ready!
Unlike the face pack, do not store it in a container as the milk will dampen the coarse nature of the oats and it'll be useless. Apply it as soon as you make it. It can also help you get rid of back acne for good.
An oatmeal (or oat milk) mask is excellent for people with sensitive and problematic skin. You can either DIY it or purchase our wonderful Honey & Oat Milk & Clay mask POPxo Shop.
Here's how you can make at home:
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1 cup boiling water and mix it well.
- Next, add 1 tbsp. of honey and half a banana. (You can also add an egg for skin tightening purposes).
- Mix everything well and allow the mixture to cool off.
- Apply on your bare face, leave for 30 minutes and wash off.
Mosquitoes and their bzzz bzzz, ugh, I hate them. The worst part about a mosquito bite is the itching and the swelling. And if you have sensitive skin, you know that it's going to leave you with a nasty scar if you itch. That's where oatmeal saves the day.
To instantly treat a mosquito bite:
- In a bowl, mix equal parts of water and oatmeal paste.
- Clean the affected area with water first and then apply the paste.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes until the itching stops and rinse off
Humidity is in the air, and that makes your hair and scalp super itchy. It is normal and happens to most of us, try this amazing DIY oatmeal hair mask:
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup of crushed oatmeal and 3-5 tbsps. of coconut oil.
- Heat it in a microwave for about 30 seconds and mix again.
- Once cooled down, apply it on your hair as a hair mask and leave it for an hour or so.
This mask is excellent for people with an itchy scalp. You can also replace it with some oil (olive or lavender) and apply the mask on your face to treat skin diseases such as eczema.
To treat dandruff using oat milk, watch this amazing video:
For all your skin and hair related issues, dial O-A-T-M-E-A-L 📱
Featured Image: Instagram