Water is the elixir of life. While 70% of the Earth's surface and 60% of the human body is water, it is presently our most precious resource. To put it simply--if we were to run out of water, we would cease to exist. However, there is more to water than just quenching thirst. Water is vital for creating jobs and supporting economic, social, and human development. Keeping this in mind, the United Nations in 1993 decided to dedicate March 22 as an annual day to observe and highlight the importance of water. The World Water Day is celebrated across the globe with a mix of events that are educational, theatrical, musical or lobbying in nature. Campaigns to raise money for water projects are also organised that day.
Every year, the United Nations observes a specific theme to draw attention to a particular topic. This year, the world water day theme is ‘Nature and Climate Change’, which aims to explore how water and climate change are inextricably linked. As the world's population is rapidly rising, this has led to a much higher demand for water, resulting in the fast depletion of natural resources including water. The depletion of resources has also led to environmental damage in several cases.
So what's the solution? According to the UN, it's protecting carbon sinks such as oceans and wetlands, adopting climate-smart agricultural techniques, and increasing the safe reuse of wastewater. So, this Water Day, let's strive to raise awareness about this depleting natural resource and resolve to do our bit to conserve water.
Water is one of the most basic needs, living without it is impossible. So, let's get together and share these world water day quotes with your friends to help spread the message:
1. Life depends on water, the reservoir depends on you.
2. Water links us to our neighbour in a way more profound and complex than any other.
3. Thousands have lived without love, not one without water
4. By means of water, we give life to everything.
5. Water is life’s matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.
6. Don’t flush our planet’s most valuable resource.
7. Individually one drop but together an ocean. Every drop counts.
8. A drop of water is worth more than a sack of gold to a thirsty man.
9. Don't let the water run in the sink, our life's on the brink.
10. No matter, how much rich you are, you can't live without water.
11. No Water. No Life. No Blue. No Green.
12. Water is Life. Don't Waste It.
13. Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.
14. Rain is a blessing when it falls gently on parched fields, turning the earth green, causing the birds to sing.
15. Every drop in the ocean counts.
16. Water is being depleted many, many times faster than nature can replenish it.
17. If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.
18. Water is the driving force of all nature.
19. For many of us, clean water is so plentiful and readily available that we rarely, if ever, pause to consider what life would be like without it.
20. Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.
We know that approximately 60 percent of the human body and over 70 percent of the earth’s surface is surrounded with water, but the important thing to know is that only a tiny fraction of that water is safe for human consumption. So, to make you understand the importance of water in your life, here we have got you a list of world water day slogans that you should definitely read. Have a look!
1. Save water, and it will save you.
2. Today’s rainwater is tomorrow’s lifesaver so think outside the sink!
3. Save water, save the life on the earth.
4. If we don’t learn to conserve, we’ll all be fish out of water.
5. Water is life, treat it right.
6. Save the sea to see the future.
7. Either rich or poor; everyone needs water.
8. Water is more precious than gold.
9. Save water, secure the future!
10. Be aware, use water with care!
11. Water conservation is the key to a sustainable future for you and me.
12. When not in use don’t let the water flow, you must conserve that H2O.
13. Water–A priceless treasure, save it with pleasure.
14. Saving water is a good deed, it’s an essential resource we all need!
15. If not now, then when? Save water before you see it end.
16. Water preservation to prevent future devastation.
17. Before it all wastes away, let’s start conserving water today!
18. Save water every day and keep disaster away.
19. Start water conservation to prevent future devastation.
20. Water is not the source of life, it is life.
So send these quotes to your loved ones and spread awareness about saving this precious resource.
Featured Image: Shutterstock
Start your 2020 right with our cool new planners and statement-making sweatshirts that are fun, fab and 100% you! Psst... there's an additional 20% off too, so head to POPxo.com/shop and take it up a POP!