We all have that one teacher in our lives who played a great role in shaping us into what we are today. Someone who really changed us for the good and made us a better person. Someone who educated us beyond the textbooks and syllabus and gave us major life lessons. That one teacher who was always there for us, more like a friend and less like a teacher who appreciated us for what we are and encouraged us to do better.
Here are some great messages, quotes, and wishes that you can send your teachers this Teachers’ Day:
Inspiring Teachers' Day Quotes And Wishes
They praise you, they believe in you, and most importantly, they help you grow. Though they may scold you for your mistakes, they will never give up on you. The believed in you even when no one else did, not even you yourself! Here are a few quotes to express to your teacher what an inspiring individual they are and how they make an impact on your life every single day:
- “You inspired me to reach my goals and achieve my dreams. More importantly, you inspired me to be you. Thank you, teacher. Happy Teachers' Day.”
- “You are the reason why I love learning. Thank you for making education fun and not boring. Happy Teachers' Day!”
- “On Teachers' Day, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the source of inspiration. You teachings inspire me and never let me waver from my path.”
- “I am grateful to be your student. Thank you for challenging me to be my best and instilling in me a passion for learning.”
- “Dear teacher, your inspiring words have changed my life. Thanks for making me what I am today.”
- “Those who educate children well are more to be honoured than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.”- Aristotle
- “I found guidance, friendship, discipline and love, everything, in one person. And that person is you.”
- "Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai
- “You took my hand, you saw my potential, you sparked my imagination, you gave me wisdom. Thank you, my teacher!”
- “Without you, we would have been lost. Thank you, teacher, for guiding us, inspiring us And making us what we are today.”
Also Read Daughters Day Gifts Ideas To Make Her Feel Special
- “Teaching is one profession that creates all other professions. Thank you for helping me become the person I am today.”
- “Today I celebrate you for being selfless, devoted, hardworking, and the wisest person in the classroom. I am grateful to be your student.
- A good teacher is similar to a candle that consumes itself to light up other paths.” - Happy Teachers' Day”
- “Everyone needs a push and start in life. And for me, it was from my favourite teacher.”
- “Thank you for all your hard work to make me grow and become what I am now.”
- “To my dearest Teacher, for your patience and caring, for your kind words and sharing. I just want to say thank you.”
- “Every word you say appears like words of wisdom. You are the greatest teacher who will always be the best!... Happy Teachers' Day!”
- “You are not only our teacher, but you are also our friend, philosopher and guide. All moulded into one person. We will always be grateful for your support. Happy Teachers' Day!”
- “You were earnest in all your duties as my teacher, no wonder I turned out to be what I am today. Happy Teachers' Day”
- “It is you who inspired me to question, wonder, and think... Thanks for everything you did for me.”
Funny Teachers' Day Quotes
Some teachers are funny. Mind you, these are the ones we love the most. They will always have a funny story and a great anecdote from their lives to share with the students. They know the role humour can play in learning and they make even the toughest lesson and the most complicated problem a piece of cake with their fun and unique take on it. For that funny teacher, here’s how to wish him/her a happy teachers’ day:
- “If I have to grade a teacher like you, I’ll give you an A+ all the way through.”
- “Thank you for your patience, putting up with me, and encouraging me in every way. Happy Teachers' Day greetings to you!”
- “If you think your teacher is tough, then wait until you get a boss. He doesn’t have tenure.”
- “Thanks for bearing up with my silly questions. And wish you the best forever.”
- “On this day we honour teachers like you, Who give of themselves in all that they do. So thank you, my teacher, for all that you gave, And I promise to try my best to behave!”
- “Without teachers life would have no class!”
- “A teacher's job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.”
- “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” - Joyce Meyer.
- “The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth.” - Dan Rather
- "How is it that little children are so intelligent and men so stupid? It must be education that does it." - Alexandre Dumas
Also Read 75 Inspiring Self Worth Quotes To Motivate Yourself
- "The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon."
- “The award for the most wonderful teacher has been declared and it goes to you."
- “My mother has always been a little jealous of you because I listen to your advice over hers. But I know that deep down in her heart, she is actually very thankful. Thank you. Happy Teachers’ Day”
- “We hate to wake up early in the morning and we hate waiting for the school bus. We hate homework and we hate detention. But all this is worth it because we love being taught by a teacher like you. Thank you."
- “Throughout the year you helped us get rid of all our academic fears except one – next year what will we do, without a teacher like you? Thank you.”
- “You are a teacher who sends us home with not only homework but a way to think about how to succeed in life. Thank you for all that you do, and enjoy your blessed day!”
- “Happy Teachers' day. The only profession where we worry about other people's children.”
- “Since you selflessly teach us throughout the year, we don’t think it’s fair that we show gratitude just on Teachers' Day. But let’s start with today. Here’s wishing you a happy Teachers' Day.”
- “You make learning so much fun, and we wanted to let you know you’re number one! Happy Teachers' Day to the best teacher!”
- “Excellent teacher's showered on to us like meteors: Biology teachers holding up human brains, English teachers inspiring us with a personal ideological fierceness about Tolstoy and Plato, Art teachers leading us through the slums of Boston, then back to the easel to hurl public school gouache with social awareness and fury.” - Sylvia Plath
Heartwarming Teachers' Day Quotes
A good teacher is not just a great educator, he/she is also a guide and a friend. No matter how old we grow, the lessons taught to us by our teachers stay with us forever. Teachers’ Day is the perfect time to express your love and gratitude to your teachers. Make them feel special with these teachers day wishes:
- “Kids will forget what the books taught but they will never forget what the teacher said.”
- “Teacher's change the world, one child at a time.”
- “Admiration, devotion, education, inspiration and compassion are what you have. So I give you a toast to you, my teacher because you deserve to be celebrated.”
- “For all that you do, for all that you say and for all that you give, you are the by far the best and I thank you.”
- “Not everyone has the patience of a saint, a heart of gold, and dedication without end – but you do! Which is why I just wanted to let you know how much you are appreciated."
- “Teachers are the parents who guide you without any ulterior motive. I thank you, dear teacher – for being my strength and inspiration!"
- “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. Thank you for being a wonderful teacher. Happy Teachers' Day!”
- “With a great teacher like you, I was sure that life would be a successful journey but I never knew you will also make the journey to success such a cakewalk. I can’t express my gratitude.”
- “Just wanted to let you know that you are the best and your way of teaching is marvelous.”
- “Thanks for being an excellent educator and a friend simultaneously."
Also Read 20 Daughter’s Day Quotes From Father
- "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Arthur Ward
- "It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." - Albert Einstein
- "Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth." - Helen Caldicott
- "The average teacher explains complexity; the gifted teacher reveals simplicity." - Robert Brault
- "Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own." - Nikos Kazantzakis
- “If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.” - Confucius
- “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” - Bob Talbert
- “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.” - Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
- “I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. It might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.” - John Steinbeck
- “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” - Mark Van Doren
Reserving one day to appreciate and celebrate the teacher's in your life is just not enough. Every day should be a Teachers’ Day for your brilliant teachers who constantly believe in you, guide you and help you grow into a better person.
Featured Image: India Today
POPxo is now available in six languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi and Bangla.
Love all things colourful and cute? Take it up a POP with POPxo Shop’s collection of super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves and more!