Every year as we near the 15th of August, the air is filled with patriotism. Movies like Border, LOC Kargil and Lakshya become a regular on television and the streets are lined with vendors selling the national flag. Our Independence is a matter of pride for us Indians and we'll forever be grateful for the sacrifices that went into making India a free country. To celebrate this special day, we've listed down 82 inspiring Independence Day quotes, messages and slogans. Share them with your family and friends to wish them on the 15th of August.
Given below are the independence day quotes and sayings by our respected Indian leaders that will fill the patriotic vibe to the way you think:
1. “One individual may die for an idea; but the idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.” - Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
2. “Bombs and pistols do not make a revolution. The sword of revolution is sharpened on the whetting stone of ideas.” - Bhagat Singh
3. “Our nation is like a tree of which the original trunk is swarajya and the branches are swadeshi and boycott.” - Bal Gangadhar Tilak
4. “Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.” - Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
5. “We want deeper sincerity of motive, a greater courage in speech and earnestness in action.” - Sarojini Naidu
6. “Even if I have to face death a thousand times for the sake of my Motherland, I shall not be sorry. Oh, Lord! Grant me a hundred births in India. But grant me this, too, that each time I may give up my life in the service of the Motherland.” - Ram Prasad Bismil
7. “Do or die” - Mahatma Gandhi
8. “There is no dream, and if there is, there is only one to see you my children struggling for the same and for which I am expected to be finished.” - Ashfaqulla Khan
9. “Give me blood, I 'll give you freedom” - Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
10. “So long as you do not achieve social liberty, whatever freedom is provided by the low is of no avail to you.” - B. R. Ambedkar
11. “The shots that hit me are the last nails to the coffin of British rule in India.” - Lala Lajpat Rai
12. “Manpower without Unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power.” - Sardar Patel
13. “Don’t see others doing better than you, beat your own records every day because success is a fight between you and yourself.” - Chandra Shekhar Azad
14. “A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.” - Mahatma Gandhi
15. “We believe in peace and peaceful development, not only for ourselves but for people all over the world.” - Lal Bahadur Shastri
16. “In attaining our ideals, our means should be as pure as the end!” - Dr Rajendra Prasad
17.“Better remain silent, better not even think, if you are not prepared to act.” - Annie Besant
18. “Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood...will contribute to the growth of this nation and make it strong and dynamic.” - Indira Gandhi
19. “Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.” - Jawarharlal Nehru
20.“Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it.” - Bal Gangadhar Tilak
21. “We will face the bullets of our enemies. We are free and will remain free.” - Chandra Shekhar Azad
22. “We are Indians, firstly and lastly.” - B.R.Ambedkar
23. “If yet your blood does not rage, then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth, if it is not of service to the Motherland.” - Chandra Shekar Azad
24. “Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge… At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom.” - Jawarharlal Nehru
25. “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” – Mahatma Gandhi
26. “ Revolution did not necessarily involve sanguinary strife. It was not a cult of bomb and pistol. They may sometimes be mere means for its achievement. ” - Bhagat Singh.
27. “It is easy to kill individuals, but you cannot kill the ideas. Great empires crumbled, while the ideas survived.” - Bhagat Singh
28. “Let new India arise out of peasants’ cottage, grasping the plow, out of huts, cobbler, and sweeper.” - Swami Vivekananda
29. “I believe the civilization India evolved is not to be beaten by the world. India is still somehow or the other sound at the foundation” - Mahatma Gandhi
30. “Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high; where the knowledge is free, into that heaven of freedom my Father, let my country awake” - Rabindranath Tagore
In the world of social media, we all love updating our feelings on social media platforms, so here are some independence day status ideas that you can post.
31. From every mountainside let freedom ring.
32. Fear is the foundation of most governments.
33. No nation is perfect, it needs to be made perfect.
34. True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what’s right.
35. Freedom of speech is wonderful – right up there with the freedom not to listen.
36. Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have. Happy Independence Day!
37. Liberty is the breath of life to nations.
38. Thousands laid down their lives so that our country is breathing this day.
39. Life is full of vibrations, not of bombs, but of harmony & happiness.
40. Let freedom never perish in your hands.
41. Nothing is more precious than independence and liberty.
42. The joy and happiness of living in free India are immense. Proud to be an Indian.
43. Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
44. May you be blessed with the freedom of mind, thought, and spirit. Happy Independence Day!
45. Freedom was achieved fighting hard, don’t ever lose it easily.
46. Feel the Freedom. Happy Independence Day.
Here are some independence day messages that you can send to your friends on this special day. Have a look!
47. Respecting our great leaders
48. Something to ponder over
49. A nation with a rich cultural background
50. Liberty is the secret to happiness
51. Be courageous, be the change
52. Salute to all the brave hearts
53. Love your country? Just heart it!
54. Unity in diversity
It's time to feel all patriotic for your country with inspiring independence day wishes.
55. We live in an independent country because of our real Heroes.
56. Being grateful for our nation, What a great sensation!
57. Our Nation is great, our Nation is grand, from the sea to the sand, I love this land!
58. Strong are we not weak…love, humanity, and peace are what we children of India seek!!
59. Hear the music of the band, see the beauty of the land, from the mountains to the sand, this nation of ours is sure grand.
60. Freedom of no one is safe until the freedom of everyone is safe!
61. My heart is filled with glee, to be a nation proud and free!
62. Unite to stand in all good or bad condition of this land.
63. Salute none but the Tricolor.
64. Freedom is freedom; it is precious and we cannot estimate its cost.
65. India is a golden bird and independence is its wings.
66. Don’t just admire freedom, remember its merits too.
67. Celebrate freedom by honoring freedom fighters.
68. Ignite a passion for Nationalism every Independence Day, keep it alive till next.
69. Long live the revolution.
70. Mother, I bow thee!
Here are some other independence day quotes and wishes. Have a look!
71. On Independence Day, here’s wishing our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us - Now and Always. Happy Independence Day.
72. On this day, think of our past and try to build a better future for all of us. It is our duty. Proud to be an Indian. Happy Independence Day.
73. Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living? - Happy Independence Day.
74. Saluting India, where each bud blooms in its true colours, where each day is a celebration of unity, harmony, and synthesis - Happy Independence Day.
75. Be proud to hold the tricolour flag, which is a symbol of peace and harmony. Wishing you a very happy Independence Day!
76. Freedom is something that money can’t buy, it’s the result of the struggles of many brave hearts. Let us honour them today and always. Happy Indian Independence Day
77. Others might have forgotten, but never can I. The flag of my nation furls so high. Happy Independence Day to all.
78. All days are not the same. All nights are not dark. Let’s remember in silence the midnight that broke to a new dawn and turned our India into a free nation. Happy Independence Day to all of you!
79. In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
80. If our country is worth dying for in time of war, it is worth living for in time of peace - Happy Independence Day.
81. May there be peace and prosperity and may we rejoice in the blessings that our country has given us - Happy Independence Day.
82. Freedom is God’s precious gift. May we always live Independent.