There’s no greater happiness in life than loving someone and being loved in return. A bit of chemistry, tonnes of respect for each other and lots and lots of love are all that you need to make a relationship last. Whether you are in a brand new relationship or have been in one for years, you will always have some serious and some funny things to say about love and relationships. But sometimes when you are feeling too overwhelmed, it might get difficult for you to describe your feelings. For times like this, here are the best quotes on love and relationships that can help you communicate your true feelings to your loved ones.
1. Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow internet service to see who they really are.
- Will Ferrell
2. I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.
- Woody Allen
3. If love is the answer could you rephrase the question?
- Lily Tomlin
4. Relationships are hard. It’s like a full-time job, and we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks’ notice. There should be severance pay and before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp.
- Bob Ettinger
5. The difference between being in a relationship and being in prison is that in prison they let you play softball on weekends.
- Agatha Christie
6. Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on x-rays, but you know it’s there.
- George Burns
7. It’s probably not love if you don’t press your face to the toilet seat after they have used it, to feel their warmth.
- Rob Delaney
8. Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
- Oscar Wilde
9. The most important thing in a relationship between a man and a woman is that one of them must be good at taking orders.
- Linda Festa
10. You can’t put a price tag on love. But if you could, I’d wait for it to go on sale.
- Hussein Nishah
11. Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.
- Anthony J D’angelo
12. Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
13. In the end there doesn’t have to be anyone who understands you. There has to be someone who wants you.
- Robert Brault
14. Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.
- Maya Angelou
15. Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.
- Gloria Steinem
16. Fall in love with someone who makes you glad to be different.
- Sue Zhao
17. The most important thing in life is to give out love, and to let it come in.
- Morrie Schwartz
18. Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realise how much they need to fall back together.
19. To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.
- Domenico Cieri Estrada
20. If you keep giving up on people so quickly, you are gonna miss out on something great.
- How I Met Your Mother
21. When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
- When Harry Met Sally
22. Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person.
- Kermit the Frog
23. There are lots of people who can call you by your name but there is only one person who can make it sound so special.
- Kim Jarabelo
24. We fell in love. Mine became ours, minutes turned to hours, chocolates and flowers, you made me brave when life created a coward.
- Raghib Clisto
25. A successful relationship requires falling in love multiple times, but always with the same person.
- Mignon McLaughlin
26. The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself.
- Sex and the City
27. We were together, I forget the rest.
- Walt Whitman
28. For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.
- Stephanie Perkins
29. In a relationship, the little things are the big things.
- Stephen Covey
30. Everything that happens is nicer with you.
- Sandol Stoddard
31. I would rather spend one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.
- Lord of the Rings
32. I want all of you, forever, every day.
- Nicholas Sparks
33. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
- Emily Bronte
34. A woman knows the face of the man she loves as the sailor knows the open sea.
- Honore de Balzac
35. No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you.
- Diana Peterfreund
36. You are my reflection. All I see is you.
- Justin Timberlake
37. There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
- Sarah Dessen
38. We loved with a love that was more than love.
- Edgar Allen Poe
39. I would rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.
40. I could start fires with what I feel for you.
- David Ramirez
All Images: Giphy
FB Image: The Hindu
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST. Online shopping for women never looked better!