Despite all the fights, disagreements and arguments we might have with them, the bond that we share with our mothers is irreplaceable. Our mothers are our heroes, our guardian angels, our biggest champions and the person who made us who we are today. I asked team POPxo to share the one thing they wished they could tell their mothers, and here's what they had to say:
1. Mom, you were right about all the things you tried explaining to me during my teen years! You were right when you told me to stay away from friends whom you felt never deserved my friendship. On days when I couldn't get along with my sister, you were right to tell me that someday, we'll be inseparable. You were right when you told me to wait for the best and not settle for less. I couldn't admit it earlier, but I do realise it now. Thanks for guiding me, nevertheless. You were my guardian angel all along - and still are!
-Shagun Marwah, Features Writer
2. Dear Maa, if there was one thing I could tell you it would be that I respect and love you with all my heart. Yes, we bicker everyday and yes, I am probably a very entitled daughter, but I want you to never forget that I understand all the sacrifices you’ve made for this family. Maa, you’ve kept me going, you’ve kept us all going. You still strive your hardest every day and still take the weight of everyone on your shoulders, so thank you for that. You’re strong, beautiful and one of the most open-minded people I’ve ever met. Love you, mama!
-Anandita Malhotra, Senior Features Writer
3. You are the strongest person I have ever known. I know there are days when you feel you can’t get through this. You feel exhausted. Overwhelmed. And daunted. But you still get up. Make your coffee. And smile. On all these days (and the rest), I want you to remember that you are what keeps me going in life. And I can walk in this world with a sense of self-confidence that only a strong woman like you could instil in me.
-Priyambada Dubey, Senior Features Writer
4. Mommy, I’d like to tell you that you’re wonderful and beautiful. In the hustle of daily life, I rarely get a chance to show my love and appreciation for you, but not a day goes by when I’m not grateful to have you. You’re the best thing that happened to this family and are everyone's support system. Without you, none of us would be where we are! I love you more each day.
-Srishti Gupta, Deputy Features Editor
5. Mom, to say that you are the best would be such a grand understatement. You are brave and feisty and smart and everything that I aspire to be in life. You stand behind every decision I make, giving me a sense of belief in myself. I love how you never stop learning and never give up, and how you believe that beauty which lies on the inside is what matters the most, a few of the million things that always inspire me. I am because you are, and I love you with all my heart.
-Abhilasha Tyagi, Senior Fashion Writer
6. Mumma, the best compliment I have ever received in the last 25 years is that I look like you. Without you, I wouldn’t even be myself, I wouldn’t even recognise myself. I always keep saying that you don’t have to try so hard, work so much to take care of others. But you know what, I love it. I love the way you care for people, even strangers. And I can’t believe I’m turning out to be as humble as you in my being. I’m proud of you and I‘m grateful for you!
-Chhavi Porwal, Junior Editor
7. Dear mommy, I love you, first and foremost. Secondly, I wish we had the kind of bond we share today from the beginning itself. We understand each other well, we share secrets now; I hope our bond only becomes stronger with time. You’re gorgeous and I love you with all my heart and I am very proud of all the things you do for us. Also, you are probably the best cook ever!
-Aayushi Pareek, Social Media Coordinator
8. Maa, I've always wanted to tell you how much I love you and what you mean to me. But I never got around to writing that letter. It's impossible to summarize love. I know I've always complained that you aren't as affectionate as other mothers! I've always blamed you for not giving me enough hugs that lasted several Mississipis. But today, I want to thank you for not mollycoddling me. You've always been tough and you raised me to be the same way. It's because of you that I can call myself a strong independent woman. In the ever-growing complexities of life, the one thing I still look forward to is having that cup of chai with you every evening. You're my only constant, mumma! And these are more than just words!
-Kavya Vashisht, Senior Writer
9. Mom, you are the coolest person I know. It’s amazing how you get along with all my friends and love to engage in banter with me. From teaching me how to hold a pencil to holding a badminton racquet, you’ve always been my strength. We do have our differences but don’t you agree that all’s well when we watch Dhoni play cricket together? I may fight with you and say stupid things but it’s incredible how you never give up on me. Your 'good morning' texts are my everyday motivation. I share my experiences and stories with you because I know you’ll comfort me, but the cherry on the cake is your savage replies. Thank you for being my reality check! P.S: I know that you always save the juicer mango slices for me.
-Niyati Budhiraja, Senior Writer
We're not crying, YOU'RE crying. Brb, gonna go give my mom the tightest hug!
Featured image: Instagram
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST. Online shopping for women never looked better!