Also known as the Holy Day, Good Friday is the day that immediately precedes the Easter Sunday. Traditionally celebrated as the day on which Jesus Christ was crucified, Good Friday is observed during the Holy Week, which culminates on Easter Sunday. Regardless of its dark story, Good Friday celebrates Jesus Christ and his compassion towards his disciples. So here are some Good Friday Wishes that you can share with you dear ones on this special day.
Declared as the feast day of the Christian community, here is some Good Friday wishes that you can share with your loved ones on this holy day.
1. “Wishing each and every single one of you a peaceful and pious Good Friday.”
2. “May the Darkest Night will end and the Sun will rise. Have a positive hope on this Good Friday!”
3. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace. Wishing you all a happy Good Friday!”
4. “May your faith in the good bring peace to your heart, this good Friday and always, have a Blessed Good Friday!”
5. “I pray to the Lord for you, may He give you blessings, shine upon you, on this Holy Day and may He always keep you in His loving care. Happy Good Friday.”
6. “He bore it all in silence because He held us, dear. May He receive our regards, may our prayers he hear. Have a blessed Good Friday!
7. “Thinking of you on Good Friday and praying that the Lord keeps you in his loving care always, happy Good Friday.”
8. “May the glory of our Saviour strengthen you and may His graces shine upon you on Good Friday and always!”
9. “Today we remember God’s great love for us. May this day bring new meaning and change in your life! Wishing all fellow Christians a very blessed Good Friday.”
10. “May the historic events that this day and weekend represents inspire and give you hope. Happy Good Friday.”
11. “I know Jesus is with you, but I’ll always be there for you, whenever you need me, have a blessed Good Friday.”
12. “May the sacrifice of our Saviour be the inspiration for you to go forward and follow the path of redemption. Have a good time on this Good Friday”
13. “We wish you that the Lord always keeps you safe while surrounding your life with eternal happiness and love on this Good Friday.”
14. “May Lord hear all your prayers and reward you with all your wishes. May he also shower upon you and your family the blessings of above. Have a happy Good Friday.”
15. “On this holy day, we pray to the Lord that he always keeps you safe and surrounds your life with eternal love and happiness. Have a happy Good Friday.”
16. “May Lord hear all your prayers and reward you with everything you ask for. May He shower you with the blessings of the heavens above. Have a happy Good Friday.”
17. “May our Saviour’s sacrifice inspire you to go ahead down the path of redemption. Have a happy Good Friday.”
18. “May your love for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ grow in your heart each day, and may you be surrounded with love and care for our Lord. Happy Good Friday to you.”
19. “He bore it all in silence because He held us, dear. May He accept our regards and may He hears our prayers. Have a blessed Good Friday.”
20. “Jesus held us so deer that He gave His life in order to free ours from our sins. May you find your inspiration from this holy sacrifice of our Saviour. Happy Good Friday.”
Like every other holy day, Good Friday is never complete without sending wishes to those near ones. So here are some Good Friday quotes to make others feel blessed.
1. “This holy day marks the slaying of our Lord Jesus, the unblemished lamb that was the perfect sacrifice. He took our guilt and blame upon Himself, only so we could be with Him.”
2. “It’s Good Friday, good because the events that happened 2000 years ago still prove that we matter to God.”
3. “No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne, no gall, no glory, no cross, no crown.”
4. “Good Friday, a day for some to remember our saviour who died on the cross for us.”
5. “Take a promise to love, forgive, and live the life with full of peace on this Good Friday.”
6. “Praying and hoping that the blessing of God is always upon us, on this Good Friday!”
7. “Very thankful for the many blessings the Lord has given me, Love you, Lord. Happy Good Friday.”
8. “Good Friday is about to come, a historical day which is celebrated as the day Jesus sacrificed Himself for our sins.”
9. “If Christ is God, He cannot sin, and if suffering was a sin in and by itself, He could not have suffered and died for us. However, since He took the most horrific death to redeem us, He showed us in fact that suffering and pain have great power.”
10. “God proved his love on the cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I Love You!’ ”
11. “In his last supper, Jesus gave his body and blood for us! Let us remember this beautiful act of the Lord on this Good Friday.”
12. “You are blessed to be given another chance to live. Make use of it and be a blessing just like what Jesus Christ was to us.”
13. “May we start this Good Friday with prayers and fasting so that we can bring God’s mercy and forgiveness on all mankind.”
14. “Mercy, peace, and love. May the grace and Lord surround you and be with you on Good Friday.”
15. “We are blessed because Lord loves us. He was born for us and sacrificed his life for us. It’s a day to be grateful to our Lord for every pain he bore for us on silence.”
16. “On this holy day of Good Friday, our Lord made a great sacrifice and freed us all from our sins. Let us pause and take a moment to thank our Lord for all the love that he has blessed us with.”
17. “God is immensely kind and loving, and so sent Jesus to us, his blood, to be crucified to free humankind from all the sins in life. On this day, let us be thankful to our kind and forgiving Lord.”
18. “May the thoughts of the holy sacrifice of our sweet Lord clear your mind and fill it with hope and determination for a better life. Have a blissful Good Friday!”
19. “May the love of Jesus fill your heart with heavenly bliss and holy desires for now and forever. Wishing you a blessed Good Friday!”
20. “The unconditional love of Jesus for us is the biggest motivator for doing good things in life and being a good person in life. Happy Good Friday!”
While there are a lot of Good Friday wishes that you can share with your near and dear ones, here are some Good Friday facts for those who don’t know how this day is celebrated.
Good Friday is observed on the day on which Jesus was found, trailed, crucified, and buried. The Bible states the entire series of events that took place on this day. Jesus was found at his hiding place, from where he was taken to stand in a trial. Despite being proven innocent by the Roman governor, the people of that time still demanded Jesus be executed. So, he was nailed to a cross and was left to hang until he died, after which he was buried.
Unlike other Christian holidays, a mass is not held at the church on Good Friday. The churches are without any decorations, and neither do the devotees wish and greet each other as they do on other important occasions. Instead, a cross is placed in plain view of everyone at the Church, where everyone can come and pay their respects.
Now that you know all you should know about Good Friday, go ahead and wish your loved ones your best on this holy day.