Hair removal can be a sore subject for many of us. There's always going to be two kinds of people, the ones that don't mind facial hair and the ones that feel self-conscious because of it. And whichever side of the spectrum you're on it's completely okay! There's NOTHING wrong with facial hair and there's nothing wrong with wanting to get rid of it either. So don't let anybody tell you otherwise. There are so many means to an end - shaving, threading, waxing, epilating and laser hair removal when it comes down to actually getting rid of body hair.
While threading, waxing, epilating can be painful, expensive and have a few side effects, there's shaving. If you don't have a threshold for pain, pick up a razor and start shaving.
It's pain-free and has relatively no side effects. Just like you get rid of unwanted body hair, you can use a razor to shave your face too. Shaving your body, and your face is a great way to get rid of unwanted hair in the comforts of your home. Believe it or not, shaving your face has more than a few benefits.
1. Your hair will not grow back thicker! It might just grow back a little pointy because of the razor's sharp blade. This might make you believe that your hair is growing back thicker, but we assure you that's not true.
2. Your hair does not grow faster, it only feels that way because when you shave, you shave your hair from the surface of the skin. When you wax, thread or epilate - it takes out the hair from the root. Shaving does not get rid of your hair from the root, so you have to shave more often than you have to wax!
Things you should keep in mind while shaving your face:
- Use the right razor, you get a different razor that's meant to shave sensitive areas like your face. An eyebrow razor is typically the same razor that you use to shave your face.
- When you're using a facial razor, use it on clean, dry skin. Men have thick and coarse hair growth, so they use shaving cream. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use shaving cream, you do whatever makes you comfortable.
- Hold the razor at a 45-degree angle against your skin and always shave in the direction of hair growth and NOT against it. This will ensure you don't cut yourself while shaving.
- Use a light, soothing moisturiser after you shave like Lacto Calamine or Aloe Vera Gel to minimize any redness.
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST. Online shopping for women never looked better!