Instagram is the go-to photo sharing app for our generation. We’re constantly uploading pictures as posts or insta stories. But as important as the pictures are, the captions too make a lot of difference when it comes to gaining likes and followers. I often spend an hour contemplating a caption that would fit my profile aesthetic as well as the image I am uploading. I’m sure you do the same! So I sat down to make a list of the most interesting and engaging captions for different types of pictures we most often post.
Instagram captions retain attention, even if your image is the first thing that catches attention. Especially when you turn up on someone’s explore feed. From Instagram captions for vacation pictures to Instagram captions for selfies, it is a tricky road to getting Insta-famous. It helps establish a connection with your followers and should ideally lead to them commenting and liking the picture. An Instagram caption should have a personal touch, to help connect through the screen, and also remind your followers of who you really are. With people following over 1,000 users of Instagram, your captions should stand out.
Even a simple picture with your friends should have a caption that engages your followers. From vacation pictures to a family post, I’ve made a list of examples that will help you develop a carefree and mysterious vibe with your audience, no matter what the picture.
Before you plan your next vacation, here are a few captions you can copy paste in your notes! Keep them handy for your perfect vacation pose.
1. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.
2. Wanderlust: A desire to travel, to understand one’s very existence.
3. An adventure a day keeps the doctor away.
4. Up, up, and away…
5. I've never met a more inviting sunset.
6. Blessed by the sea and sun-kissed.
7. Starry nights that made this trip worth the wait.
8. Life is better in flip flops
9. Vacation mode: ON, Work mode: OFF
10. "I would rather own little and see the world than own the world and see little of it." — Alexander Sattler
11. I'm counting stars instead of the minutes clocking by tonight.
12. Home isn't a place, it's an emotion.
Posting pictures with your friends, especially selfies on Instagram can get a tad bit repetitive. So in order to keep the feed interesting, you can jazz up the captions. Pick from some funny, quirky and emotional ones.
1. "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light." - Helen Keller
2. Friends are the family we choose.
3. You will always be my ray of sunshine.
4. My sister from another mister.
5. Pizza and my BFF is the perfect combination.
6. The bags under our eyes are Gucci.
7. My girl gang is better than yours!
8. You're the Betty to my Veronica.
9. Some people make your life a little better just by smiling.
10. Every adventure with you makes me richer.
11. What happens with your girl gang, stays within your girl gang.
12. We don't let each other make mistakes, alone.
Caught sight of a pretty flower on your way to work? Or a bench that you admired? Or maybe you just wanted to post a picture of your shoes. Either way, here is a list of Instagram captions for those impromptu pictures.
1. Where you movin’? I said onto a better thing.
2. Life's a climb, but the view is great.
3. Always classy, never trashy, and a little bit sassy.
4. Never not chasing a million things I want.
5. The question isn’t can you, it’s will you?
6. Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re not strong enough.
7. Weekend, please don’t leave me.
8. I watch Mean Girls in my pajamas, and I love it!
9. Main apni favourite hoon.
10. I need a six month holiday, twice a year.
11. My excuse is that I’m young.
12. Don’t be like the rest of them, darling.
Did boo and you just get Insta-official? Well, you need the perfect caption to share the news with your followers!
1. You're the peanut butter to my jelly.
2. I love you more than pizza. And I really love pizza...
3. Our love is like wine, it keeps getting better with time.
4. My man crush everyday #mcm
5. You're the yin to my yang.
6. Thanks, Cupid. You struck gold with this.
7. Of all the fish in the sea, you’re the only one for me.
8. “Love is the joy of the good, the wonder of the wise, the amazement of the gods.” — Plato
9. “It’s like, in that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together.” - Serendipity, the movie.
10. Hold my hand, and I’ll go anywhere with you.
11. Let’s travel together and get lost in beautiful places.
12. Where you are is where I want to be.
From posting a picture with your siblings to your perfect family picture, the caption can be emotional and funny, just the perfect mix to catch attention and get that like.
1. Home is wherever my crazies are.
2. Families are like fudge: mostly sweet, with lots of nuts
3. You call it chaos. We call it family.
4. Family knows your flaws but loves you anyway.
5. A house is made of bricks and beams, a home is made of love and dreams.
6. Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things.
7. Together forever, never apart, maybe in distance but never at heart.
8. “Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” -Lilo, Lilo and Stitch
9. Families are like fudge: mostly sweet, with lots of nuts.
10.I’m a minimalist. I don’t really need much to enjoy a good holiday – just my family and the bare essentials.
11. My universe in one picture!
12. My family is my strength and my weakness.
When you are developing your Instagram page’s voice, you need to keep in mind what your future goal is. Do you want your captions to remain funny? Short and sweet? Or maintain a standard format of posting your favourite song lyrics? These options will help you make up your mind!
You can light up your follower’s day with these funny and quirky captions!
1. For every action, I have a clever reserve caption.
*insert a philosophical quote about life*
2. I love Instagram because it lets me maintain a record of my every meal.
3. Stop being a zombie. Find something that you're excited about in your life; otherwise, you're just walking dead.
4. May your coffee be hot and your eyeliner even.
5. Moonwalk out of awkward situations.
6. I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.
7. Best friends don’t care if your house is clean. They care if you have wine.
8. Good friends will share your umbrella. Best friends will steal it and yell: Run loser Run!
9. Reality called, so I hung up.
10. My prince isn't coming on a white horse… he’s obviously riding a turtle somewhere, really confused.
11. Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
This is the most simple way of creating captions because the songs are already created, you just have to pick the right lyrics. Also, it helps if you pick an unheard song to peak interest, however, always give credit in your captions.
1. “I swear this life is like the sweetest thing I’ve ever known.” - Drake, Over.
2. "She's Sunday drive meets high-speed chase. She ain't just a song, she's the whole mixtape." - Brad Paisley, Perfect Storm.
3. "I'll pick your feet up off of the ground and never, ever let you down." - Ed Sheeran, Grade 8.
4. "You say you want a revolution, well you know we all wanna change the world.” - The Beatles, Revolution.
5. “I’m little but I’m coming for the crown.” - Lorde, Still Sane.
6. “I’ma keep running because a winner don’t quit on themselves.” - Beyonce, Freedom.
7. "I jumped on a bus, declared my name. And asked if anybody's seen my brain." - The 1975, The Ballad Of Me And My Brain.
8. "Mujhe Lagta Hai Ke Baatein Dil Ki Hoti Lafzon Ki Dhokebaazi." - Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Agar Tum Saath Ho.
9. "We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time." - Taylor Swift, 22
10. "Can't keep my hands to myself. I mean I could, but why would I want to?" - Selena Gomez, Hands To Myself.
11. "We don’t have to be ordinary. Maybe I should stop and start confessing." - Shawn Mendes, Selfie.
12. "Was a good girl, watch me turn diva. Here goes my heart, I put it on speaker." — Cardi B, Ring feat. Kehlani.
It’s time to keep it short and sweet. Especially since Instagram stashes the long captions with the ‘read more’ options. Keeping it small is the best idea if you have text on your image as well.
1. I'm limited edition.
2. Let's be who we really are.
3. Don't stop the sunshine.
4. We're made for bigger things.
5. Beautiful things don't ask for attention.
6. My story has just begun.
7. The dream is free, the hustle is sold separately.
8. These are days we live for.
9. More issues than vogue.
10. Life happens, coffee helps.
11. Wake up and smell the success.
12. Living on Stardust and glitter.
Get posting, ladies!
Images - Giphy, Shutterstock
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST. Online shopping for women never looked better!
This story was updated in January 2019.
You Might Like This