We all have days when we feel meh. And we all have our customised pick-me-up routines. While mine has a whole lotta Netflix, wine and fried food to it, a beauty fix like a perfect base makes me feel more confident and perky any hour of the day. I asked 18 women about their one beauty habit that instantly lifts up their mood. And here’s what they had to say.
1. When I have some time, I like to paint my nails. I’m a little conscious of them but when I apply nail polish, I feel fabulous. I usually stick to nudes or go dramatic with reds. And a bit of glitter never disappoints!
-Manvi Malhotra, Senior Wedding Writer
POPxo Recommends: Nykaa Gold Rush Nail Lacquer - Lost In Gold 133)
2. My favourite thing to do when I'm feeling low is a make-up haul. I buy make-up online ( I prefer Nykaa and Beauty Bay) and then wait like a child by the door for the bell to ring!
-Nidhi Kavle, Senior Beauty Writer
3. I don’t always apply make-up so when I have to go out, I just swipe tinted lip balm and I feel like I’m good to go.
-Manasvini Paul, Social Media Coordinator
POPxo Recommends: Maybelline New York Lip Love Coral Combo(Rs 560)
4. My highlighter is always in my bag - while travelling, at work or even when going to a meeting. I quickly highlight my cheekbones and the tip of my nose for an instant #woke look.
-Rhea Guliani, Social Media Coordinator
POPxo Recommends: Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Blushing Hearts Highlighter Goddess of Faith (Rs 1,050)
5. I like the way I look when I fill in and line my brows. I like how it frames your face and makes me feel more confident in general.
-Oshin Panwar, Social Media Coordinator
POPxo Recommends: L'Oreal Paris Brow Artist Genius Kit (Rs 950)
6. I’m all about skin, so I love using rose water to stay refreshed and hydrated in summers.
-Arushi Sakhuja, Editorial Coordinator
POPxo Recommends: Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose Water (Rs 250)
7. An instant pick-me-up for me would have to be a blow-dry. A simple out-curl or ringlets for parties, all I need is for my hair to be on-point. Even if I don’t have any make-up on, I feel good!
-Manasvi Jaitly, Wedding Editor
8. Applying a lipstick pumps up mood instantly. Once I apply my pink lipstick, I usually feel great and start taking selfies!
-Krithika Kumar, Senior Features Writer
POPxo Recommends: M.A.C Retro Matte Lipstick - Steady Going (Rs 1,500)
9. Even if I’m not wearing any make-up, I just apply a cream highlighter on days I’m feeling down. I think it’s a perfect hack for a filter-like glow.
-Arunima Rustagi, Senior Fashion Writer
POPxo Recommends: Lakme Face Sheer Highlighter (Rs 400)
10. My favourite thing to do when nothing goes right is to just comb my hair and apply a bold lip colour. And just like that, all’s right with the world!
- Archana, Hindi Lifestyle Editor
POPxo Recommends: Colorbar Matte Touch Lipstick, Rose Claira (Rs 550)
11. An eyebrow pencil. I feel it gives my face some structure. Even if I’m not carrying a foundation or a lipstick, I’ve always got my pencil with me.
- Nitya Uppal, Assistant Editor
POPxo Recommends: NYX Professional Makeup Auto Eyebrow Pencil (Rs 475)
12. I’m not big on make-up but every time I want to look my best, I use a lotion that gives me an instant glow as well as medium coverage. I always carry it even when you’re travelling
-Akshita Nahar Jain, Fashion Editor
POPxo Recommends: Soap & Glory Glow Lotion (Rs 3,570)
13. When I don’t have a plate of hot steamy momos to save the day, a face mist comes to my rescue. A spritz of it and I’m back to being me!
- Sayunkta Jain, Senior Fashion Writer
POPxo Recommends: Kama Ayurveda’s Pure Mogra Water (Rs 250)
14. I eat ice cream to put on sheet masks, instant glow, and it’s kind of refreshing, something so therapeutic.
-Akanksha Bhatia, Lifestyle Writer
POPxo Recommends: The Face Shop Real Nature Blueberry Face Mask (Rs 100)
15. I think I’m more of a hair spa girl. It makes my hair soft and flip-worthy! And that makes me feel great!
-Isheeta Sharma, Junior Lifestyle Editor
POPxo Recommends: Kerastase Fusio-Dose Booster Reconstruction Reinforcing Booster (Rs 4,042)
16. Come summer and it’s time to keep your feet squeaky clean. I always feel more confident when my tips and toes are primped. If I’m not at the salon getting a pedicure, I use a foot file to do my best!
-Sakshi Buddhiraja, Junior Beauty Editor
POPxo Recommends: Dr. Scholl's Electronic Pedicure Foot File (Rs 2,842)
17. Lipsticks are something that I always carry in my bag ( a pink and a nude ). It always has the power to uplift my mood, whenever I am sick, feeling low or restless!
-Deepali Porwal, Junior Hindi Editor
POPxo Recommends: Maybelline New York Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes Lipstick - Just A Teaser (Rs 575)
18. I am a chronic-cold person. No, I am not cold personally, thank you for assuming that, but I have a constant allergy to something or the other. So, I am usually sick every other month/week. What gives me a pick me up, is bold lashes! A combination of 2 good mascaras and I am good. I can be barefaced or look like Rudolph, but my lashes HAVE TO BE on point!
-Kannagi Desai, Junior Beauty Editor
POPxo Recommends: L'Oreal Paris False Lash Superstar Mascara (Rs 999)
What’s your pick-me-up?
Welcome to #BrandNewPOPxo - POPxo is now more fun when you sign up! App users, you'll be seeing the change soon!