Junior Beauty Editor
I was going through my Insta feed, scouring for beauty inspiration and I chanced upon Sonakshi Sinha’s picture from her recent promotions for her film Welcome To New York. I love her feed, especially when she does her own make-up. Sona's awesome cat eye can seriously cut through paper, and needless to say, I'm a fan! I count this hair and make-up job as one of my favourites ever, for my go-to look for any function/occasion is usually similar to this one. Bold lashes are my weakness, and her lashes were GORGEOUS!
The middle-parted sleek hair was just right to bring the entire vibe together. I felt like I would be a doing a disservice to humanity (read: myself) if I didn't do some digging and figure out how to bring this together. So, this beauty breakdown is for everyone who was just as impressed as I was with Sonakshi Sinha’s sophisticated bold lash and sleek hair look.
1. I am a firm believer in finishing your eye make-up before you do your base when you’re planning on using more than two eyeshadow shades.
3. Start with using a warm-toned brown as a base colour for your lid and crease. A small trick: Use a matte bronzer for this step. It is the ideal warm brown.
4. Now take a darker brown and blend it into the crease. Make sure you blend upwards, so your eyes look brighter.
6. Line your eyes with an eyeliner as close to the lash line as possible with a slight flick going upwards. Please note that this doesn’t need to be perfect nor does it have to be a full-fledged cat eye.
7. Take some black eyeshadow and smudge the eyeliner on your lash line blending it with the smokey eye. Do the same with your lower lash line with kohl.
9. Brush through your brows and fill them in with a brow powder. Remember, you need them to look defined but still natural.
1. Start with a rock solid CTM routine, but make sure you let the moisturiser seep into the skin properly, so you have a fairly matte base to begin with.
2. Apply a mattifying primer. Double up wherever you have larger pores and your oily zones.
3. Use a sheer coverage matte finish foundation. While we do not want too much shine, we also do not want to look caked up.
5. Set your base with a translucent powder.
1. Line your lips with a nude lip pencil and fill it in.
2. Take a nude-coral lipstick either matte or satin finish and apply it over the lip liner.
3. Clear up the edges with concealer on a brush.
3. Flatten the top of the hair and tuck the front behind your ear. Use a bobby pin behind your ear to hold this section in place.
4. Spritz some hairspray to hold everything in place.
I think you guys should totally give this look a whirl on date night. Don’t forget to tag me in your pictures if you do!
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!
Sign in to see the latest in life-changing products, empowering stories and infinitely amusing videos!