The courtship period, especially in an arranged marriage, is the most romantic and cherished phase of a couple’s life before their wedding. But, while it’s all fun and interesting in the beginning, soon you both start running out of topics to talk about. And then it becomes a little boring, with the conversation comprising of the same old ‘khaane mein kya khaya’ and ‘aur batao’. So, here are some fun and meaningful questions that you can ask your partner to REALLY get to know him/her and to keep the conversation going!
1. What was your childhood like?
2. What are your parents and siblings like?
3. What do you enjoy doing during your free time?
4. Do you like to travel?
5. Are you a beach person or a mountain person?
6. If given a choice, would you rather spend a million bucks on food or travel?
7. What are your favourite cuisines?
8. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
9. Do you like the gym better or yoga or none?
10. What does your ideal weekend look like?
11. How would you describe yourself in 10 words or less?
12. What is the one movie/book that changed your life?
13. Any childhood incident that had a lasting impact on you?
14. What is your biggest achievement in life?
15. The one thing that you want to achieve before you turn 50?
16. Do you like dogs, cats or any kind of pets?
17. Do you have a tattoo?
If yes, then what does it mean?
If no, then would you ever get one?
18. Did your friends or family give you any weird nicknames? What are they?
19. What is your best friend like? How long have you known him/her?
20. What are your favourite songs for every mood?
21. Would you be willing to try something weird in bed? *wink*
22. What kind of movies do you like?
23. Do you watch any TV series?
...and an endless debate on Friends vs How I Met Your Mother begins!
24. Do you cry easily?
25. What is the one thing you totally love and hate about your life?
26. What is your biggest insecurity?
27. What is your biggest fear?
29. Would you be willing to live alone on a stranded island without internet or cell phone connectivity, if you were given a 100 Crore as prize money?
30. What is your fondest childhood memory?
31. What is the one place you’ve always wanted to go but couldn’t?
32. What is your take on religion?
33. Would you be willing to move out of the country if you or I got a lucrative job offer?
34. Do you like kids?
35. Did you take any lessons from your past relationships?
36. Do you get bored easily?
37. If you were to make a last phone call to someone, who would it be and what would you say?
38. Are you a gadget freak?
39. What is your most prized possession till date?
40. What’s the best gift you’ve given someone?
41. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
42. Do you have a bucket list?
If yes, how many things have you ticked off already?
If no, would you like to make one?
43. Do you like shopping?
44. Would you want to change anything about me?
45. What is your definition of a perfect relationship?
These questions will definitely start an interesting conversation and help you get to know your partner a lot better. So, get the conversation started!
GIFs: Giphy, Tumblr