Junior Lifestyle Editor
While the mid-life crisis has been widely known and accepted, the quarter-life crisis is often made a joke of. But the thing is, being twenty-five and not knowing where you're headed in life is a daunting experience. Daunting and necessary. Some of us are still struggling with it while others are looking back at it with a tinge of bittersweet nostalgia, but we've all definitely been there. Confusion, utter and complete chaos, a crippling sense of darkness with an unhealthy coping mechanism of memes and bad jokes is how most of us will remember this phase, a few years down the line. Here are 13 quotes that totally understand and sum up your quarter-life crisis for you. So take a deep breath, girl. We're all going to be just fine!
1. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” - J.K. Rowling
2. “The best way out is always through.” - Robert Frost
3. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” - Mark Twain
4. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” - Abraham Lincoln
5. “You aren't sure if you're making the right decision about anything, ever.” - Joan Didion
6. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.” - Maya Angelou
8. “Life will never feel like it’s ‘supposed to…’ If always trying to live like we’re ‘supposed to,’ we’re never going to actually live.” - Paul Angone
9. “The 20s? My title for that period of my life would be, ‘It was the Worst of Times, it was the Worst of Times…' Did I mention it was the hardest time of my life?” - Lisa Kudrow
10. “You live out the confusions until they become clear.” - Anaïs Nin
11. “If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.” - Mo Willems
12. “What if I told you 10 years from now your life would be exactly the same? Doubt you'd be happy. So, why are you afraid of change?” - Karen Salmansohn
13. “20-somethings have the tendency to imagine that their 20s are the last chance they’re going to have to experiment, explore, and party. This is a false premise. Restaurants and cafes continue to let people over 29 through their doors. They even serve them alcohol.” - Holden Desalles
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!
Sign in to see the latest in life-changing products, empowering stories and infinitely amusing videos!