Senior Trending Writer
The Accent: Feather band
Seen@ Ann Demeulemeester
Often represented on runways, ‘Dark Romance’ is a term the fashion world loves to use and represent. The black feather band used as a crown for Ann Demeulemeester’s runway look is a perfect representation of it. All thanks to hairstylist Anthony Turner and make-up artist Lynsey Alexander. Feathers or a black statement headband aptly goes with theme based party looks. Another way to pair them right is with a ribbon-band in case you opt for a tie-back hairstyle as done at Rochas’ Spring 2018. They have used ripped fabric pieces to loop in the feathery effect but you can just add feathers to your ribbon to get the look.
1. White Feather Fascinator Hair Band, Angel Closet, Rs 999; amazon.in
2. Black Hairband With Rosette, Stoln Girls, Rs 795; myntra.com
3. Lady Black Feather Hair Band, Alcoa Prime, Rs 1,290; amazon.in
The Accent: Floral hair adornments
Seen@ Naeem Khan, Philipp Plein, The Blonds
You may or may not be a fan of flower crowns, accessories or jewellery but there’s no denying that if styled well, these blooms can give you a delicate look. You can place these on braids, buns and other updos. And you can choose to wear the style on the side like Jennifer Lawrence when attending a formal wedding or maybe just a clip like, Kristen Dunst did at Woodshock premiere.
1. Rose Flower Crown Headband in Multi-Colour, Forever 21, Rs 549; forever21.com
2. Floral Faux Pearl Headband in Gold & Peach, Forever 21, Rs 649; forever21.com
3. Pink & Green Floral Hair Wreath, The Hairklip, Rs 1,499; myntra.com
4. Pink Floral Alligator Hair Clip, Accessorize, Rs 1,145; myntra.com
5. Rainbow Flower Crown, Forever 21, Rs 649; forever21.com
The Accent: Captain cap
We saw turbans on the runway by Pucci, Comme des Garçons and Marc Jacobs’ and berets at Emporio Armani and Dior, but Moschino’s smart caption cap got us gushing. Moschino used a hair band as a stay for its studded cap and the feeling was meeting-turned-into-a-party. Speaking of parties, a statement headband with ‘party animal’ written at its edge from Alexander Wang Spring 2018 is another highlight to not miss.
1. Wool Beret in Black, Forever 21, Rs 859; forever21.com
2. Women’s Beret, Damara, Rs 1,299; ebay.in
3. Crystal Bow Warm Cabled Angora Knit Winter Beanie Crochet Beret, Surblue Lady, Rs 1,2992,533; ebay.in
4. Black Hairband With Attached Hat, Stoln Girls, Rs 795; myntra.com
The Accent: Bejewelled clips
Seen@ Simone Rocha, Dolce&Gabbana, Versace
Jewelled clips and bands walk in almost every season and we mostly spot them on Dolce&Gabbana models, but this time, Rochas upped the game with pearl clips. We love the pattern of adorning two clips at a time.
1. Set of 2 Silver & Gold-Toned Feather-Shaped Hairpins, Golden Peacock, Rs 799; myntra.com
2. Bee Hair Pins - Set Of 2, Blueberry, Rs 499; koovs.com
3. Set of 3 Gold-Toned Stone-Studded Hairpins, Blueberry, Rs 999; myntra.com
The Accent: Headband with a twist
Seen@ Temperley London, Dolce&Gabbana, Molly Goddard, Maison Margiela
The variety of headbands spotted at the International Spring 2018 will fairly cover up your hairstyle inspiration until the next season. Temperley London made headbands out of silk scarves with patterns, Dolce&Gabbana experimented with fascinating spring colours at Isetan Fashion Show and Maison Margiela’s style sensibilities will have you wearing fishnet bands on your head.
1. Hot Pink Bayos Headband, Stalk Buy Love, Rs 499; stalkbuylove.com
2. Blue Genie Headband, Stalk Buy Love, Rs 399; stalkbuylove.com
3. Polka Crescent Headband, Stalk Buy Love, Rs 399; stalkbuylove.com
Image Source: Bovina Fiori Per La Moda; Rom Sartipi; Naeem Khan; Moschino; Thefabuloussix; Temperley London.
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!
Sign in to see the latest in life-changing products, empowering stories and infinitely amusing videos!