But first, let me take a selfie… If you’ve heard this song, chances are that you’re either a millennial or that you love taking selfies. Well, to be honest, everyone loves taking selfies and since the day mobiles with front cameras made their way to the markets, the selfie culture has spread further! It’s almost like looking into a mirror with the added advantage of capturing that image forever. And while the selfie mania first hit teenagers, it’s now a thing of the older generation too! Be it your friends, your aunts or your dad, everyone loves taking a selfie, randomly and on special occasions.
Also Read About 10 Types Of Selfie Poses
But, the biggest question that comes to our minds when uploading a selfie is that ‘What should I caption it?’ Every selfie is different from the other and your confused what caption should go with the one you took with mum and the one that has your entire girl gang in it. You want to stand out, you don’t want it to be cliche’ and you definitely don’t want to copy someone else’s. Now we understand how confusing it can be and that is why we’re giving you all the information you need to get that caption right. Read on!
Tips For Perfect Selfie Caption
Unique & Funny Selfie Captions
Captions As Songs
Best Selfie Apps
How To Get Your Selfie Captions Right?
A good selfie caption should provide context, show your personality and be engaging for your friends and followers. Since captions don’t have a word limit and can go up to 2,200 characters in length, you should include emojis and a good number of hashtags. Even though experts say the more the hashtags the better to increase your followers, sometimes it could also come across as overdoing it. So, make sure you have a balance between your words, emojis and hashtags.
Also Read About Captions For Photos With Hubby
Also Read 7 Easy Tips To Be An Instagram Pro
Here Are Some Key Tips To Craft The Perfect Selfie Caption:
- Know your audience- Whether your followers are just your friends and family, or you have a public profile, you need to know who you’re writing for. Based on who your followers are, you need to be sure that your caption does not come across as offensive to anyone and it’s something that most people would like. For example, I love seeing all my friend’s pictures and throwback photos, but what makes them even better is the caption. The caption is just as important as the picture and catches all the attention.
- Place the most important bits at the beginning- Everyone likes to read a good caption if it’s well written. But when writing long captions, it’s important to place the most interesting bit first. This is what will catch the attention of your friends and make them read further instead of just scrolling away. You need to convey your key points right in the beginning. Questions are also one of the most popular forms of engagement, so keep that in mind when you’re captioning your image. Questions also encourage your followers to comment and hence draw engagement.
- Emojis, if used wisely, can be a quite a bonus- Emojis always draw a lot of attention, if you use them well. The animated icons are also a great way to add a bit of personality to your captions. Emoji can also stand in for entire words, keeping your copy short and fun.
- Quotes make for great selfie captions- What better than using a quote by Maya Angelou or Mahatma Gandhi to go with your picture. But obviously, it should make sense and go with the image that you’ve posted. Randomly quoting famous people will not help.
- Informative captions are the way to go- People always love a piece of new information, especially when it’s useful and important. So if you’ve gone for a trip and clicked that gorgeous selfie with the ocean as your backdrop, write a quick tip or a little-known fact about the destination as your caption.
- Behind the scenes captions- If you’re an artist, or a chef or maybe someone who likes to do up their home, a before and after selfie is sure to attract a lot of attention! Your caption can describe the process of then to now or include tips for your followers in case they’d like to make the same dish or do up their home the same way.
- The storytelling caption- Everyone loves to hear a good story, whether it’s about the first time you met your boyfriend, or how you and your bestie had the most amazing night of your lives, or the time you visited a zoo for the first time. A picture is worth a thousand words, but a storytelling caption makes it even better.
- Minimalist/Short captions- If your picture is attention-grabbing and speaks for itself, a short selfie caption is the best.
There’s an entire variety of selfies that you take. Selfies with your parents, your BFFs, your siblings and your pet. And if you’re stuck at what to caption them, then we’ve got a whole lot of options for you.
Also Read 8 Ways To Wake Up Looking Picture Perfect For A Selfie!
14 Unique & Funny Selfie Captions
- How much do I weigh? One hundred and sexy!
- Shameless self-promotion is an under-appreciated art form. Let’s fix that.
- Brought to you by Spanx and self-confidence.
- I’ve got it, I’m flaunting it, and you like it.
- I’m sexy and I know it. And now you do too.
- Woke up like this. (Because I fell asleep in this outfit and makeup).
- Some people grow up, I glow up.
- I’m probably going to regret this in 3…2…1…
- My dog dared me.
- The cat made me do it.
- I hate captions that don't belong to my selfie.
- For every action, I have a clever caption reserved.
- The more you like yourselfie, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.
- Trust yourselfie.
12 Captions For The Selfie With Your Bestie
- I never let my best friend do stupid things… alone
- Life’s too short and so are we.
- You’re the Betty to my Veronica (or vice versa)
- Always better together
- We do a thing called ‘What we want!’
- We create our own sunshine.
- We sure do love each other.
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” - C.S. Lewis
- A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.
- "Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes." - Henry David Thoreau
- Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
- "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, then alone in the light." - Helen Keller
11 Cool Captions For The Selfie With Your Boyfriend
- Pizza and you are all I need
- To the 🌙 and back.
- We go together like peanut butter and jelly! *insert peanut emoticon*
- Head over *insert high heel emoticon*
- You + me = *insert heart emoticon*
- The yin to my yang.
- He puts a spring in my step!
- I love you even when I’m hangry.
- Pretty glad we both swiped right.
- I love you more than pizza. Come back or I’ll w(h)ine alone! *insert pizza and wine emoticons*
- Netflix and refill! *insert wine glass emoticon*
11 Captions For Selfie With Your Siblings
- “Sometimes, being a brother is even better than being a superhero." - Marc Brown
- "Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet." - Vietnamese Proverb
- "Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends." - Kim Kardashian
- "Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something." - Lemony Snicket
- "A sibling may be the keeper of one's identity, the only person with the keys to one's unfettered, more fundamental self." - Marian Sandmaier
- "Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it's like to have been brought up the way you were." - Betsy Cohen
- "She stands firmly on her own two feet, and I just behind her; should she ever need me." - J. Iron Word
- "Because I have a sister I will always have a friend." - Unknown
- "I may not be able to solve all of your problems, but I promise you won't have to face them alone." - Unknown
- "The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other." - Unknown
- "Side by side or miles apart, sisters will always be connected with the heart." - Unknown
Also Read About Different Captions For Selfie With Sister
Captions For The Selfie With Your Parents
- The two of you have always been so upfront and clear to me, I really appreciate the transparency you provided me.
- I have a crazy family, relatively speaking, of course.
- This picture looks familiar, doesn't it?
- The family that plays together, stays together.
- I really appreciate all of the mom-u-mental work you've done for me in my life.
- “No matter how far we come, our parents are always on us.”- Brad Meltzer
- Parents are like God because you want to know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.
21 Songs As Captions
- “All you need is love, love, love is all you need.” - The Beatles
- “I wanna keep it how it is so, you can never say how it used to be.” - Beyoncé
- “You knock me off of my feet, my lonely days are gone.” - Michael Jackson
- “It’s always better when we're together.” - Jack Johnson
- “Just the two of us.” - Bill Withers
- “Home is wherever I’m with you.” - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- “I, I love you like a love song baby.” - Selena Gomez
- My mama always used to tell me, ‘If you can’t find somethin’ to live for, you best find somethin’ to die for” - Tupac in Something 2 Die 4
- “Listen to my ambition ‘cause I’m on one. Swingin’ for the fences, for the home run.” - Nipsey Hussle, Loaded Bases
- “The underdog just turned into the wolf and the hunger steady grows” - Big Sean, 'Bounce Back’
- “Even though you’re fed up, you gotta keep your head up” - Tupac
- “Either you play the game or watch the gameplay you” - J.Cole
- “Love is just a word, but you bring it definition” - Eminem
- “Somewhere down the road might just meet up at the right time” - G-Eazy
- “They say good things come to those who wait. So ima be at least about an hour late” - Kanye West
- “To appreciate the sun, you gotta know what rain is” - J. Cole
- “Darling I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream.” - Taylor Swift
- “Be young, be dope, be proud.” - Lana Del Rey
- “I can’t really see another squad tryna cross us.” - Drake, “No Tellin’”
- “I’m throwin’ shade like it’s sunny.” - Nicki Minaj
- “I’m gonna live like tomorrow doesn’t exist.” - Sia
Best Selfie Apps To Take Pictures Of Yourself
And to take your selfie game to another level, here are some selfie apps that you must check out:
Also Read: Birthday Captions For Your Next Picture
1. Facetune and Perfect365- With over 100 million users worldwide, Facetune and Perfect365 let you edit and colour correct your selfies. If you want to change your eye colour or get rid of that tiny little pimple, these two apps will come in handy!
2. Boomerang- Who doesn’t love to shoot boomerangs?! A selfie boomerang is fun and this is the app you need to download for it.
3. Giphy Cam- If you’re looking to record your various moods with a series of GIFs, then this app is for you. Go download and get your creative juices flowing!
4. Enlight- This app is the perfect picture corrector, whether it’s the brightness of the picture or the filter, you can experiment until you get what you like.
So, with everything that you now know, are you ready to click that perfect selfie and give it a caption that your followers will love?!
Images: Giphy, Shutterstock
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST. Online shopping for women never looked better!
You might like these:
Story Tags: Selfie Captions, Funny Selfie Captions, Captions For Selfie With Parents, Captions For Selfie With Siblings
This story was updated in January 2019.