I am in my mid-twenties, living with my parents and even today, missed calls from my mother send a panic attack through my body. The last time I was unavailable for 3 hours because I was at a party and couldn’t hear my phone ring, my mom sent my brother-in-law looking for me, you know what I mean? Even if your mom isn’t as extremely protective as mine, you just can’t ignore missed calls from your mother. Here are a few thoughts every girl has when she misses her mom’s calls!
1. Oh NO! Now I have to brace myself for another round of ‘why don’t you ever answer my calls?’
For some reason ‘I didn’t hear my phone’ is just not logical to my mom.
Pamper her with this Make Up Kit (Rs 1,950) from Lakme and make her less angry with you!
2. Wait, was I supposed to do something and I forgot?
*goes through mental checklist*
3. She probably thinks I got kidnapped or lost my phone!
Your mother jumps to the most random conclusions. Not that you can blame her, have you had a look at the news lately?!
Gift mommy dear a Spa Voucher (Rs 950) and help her de-stress this weekend!
4. Is it to ask me what I want to eat for dinner?
If yes, I should probably call her and tell her rajma chawal!
Add to the “maa ke haath ka khaana” with this adorable Apron (Rs 749) for your mum!
5. I hope she hasn’t already called my friends!
Worse yet, I hope they didn’t pick up!
6. I am sure her detective mode is on…
Mother Sherlock reporting to duty!
Let your mom know that she is your superhero by gifting her this Super Mom Keychain. (Rs 249)
7. Dad’s calling too? I bet mom asked him to!
The one time your parents will definitely get along is when you’re not answering your calls, you can count on that!
8. But wait, I hope she is okay!
Missed calls from mom only result in frantic calls back because to be honest, you just did a bit of overthinking too!
A beautiful Photo-Frame & Mug (Rs 499) is the perfect gift for your mom to let her know how much you love her!