You’re never old enough to completely dismiss something your parents say. At least not without giving it a second thought. But they sure told us a lot of crazy things that were a little hard to believe even when we were kids. Some of these are hilarious, others will surely make you cringe. Here is a list of liesyou believed as kids that will make no sense to you today!
1. If you swallow the seed, a tree will grow inside your stomach!
By that logic, the insides of our stomach would have been a rajma forest by now.
2. Having too much tea will give you a tan
No mom, only sitting in the sun will do that to you!
3. Abhi padai kar lo, baad main toh masti hi karni hai
We heard this in school, we heard this at University, we heard this when we started working. Dear masti, where art thou?
4. Green vegetables are yummy!
They’re healthy, but mostly not yummy. Okay? Okay.
You know what’s our version of yummy veggies? This bag of Lays wafers (Rs 65)
5. Don’t make silly faces, waise hi ban jaoge!
We all would have been living with tilted lips and squinty eyes then.
6. People who drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes are bad people
Sure! They are damaging their bodies in some way, but they’re not ‘bad’ people.
7. Your elementary grades will make your future
Heard of Oprah Winfrey? In academics as well as in her professional life, she was demoted multiple times before becoming the queen of her own media empire. So, girls, let nothing dampen that spirit of yours because there is light at the end of every tunnel!
8. Drinking milk will make you grow taller
It makes you healthy but mom, dad - growing tall only depends on genetics, right?