Uh-oh. You haven't set your gender on your Google account. We check this to keep for girls only.
To set your gender on Google:
Maia Sethna, Plixxo Super Blogger is all set to tie the knot this November and we’re totally looking forward to what the fashionista has planned for her big day. From bridal outfits to her trousseau and the beauty routine, we’ll be following her through it all. For now, here’s Maia sharing her pre bridal beauty and fitness routine. Take notes, brides-to-be!
Over to Maia Sethna…
The months leading up to your wedding are extremely important. I feel lucky to have had a year to organize my wedding and to plan my bridal looks along with my beauty and fitness routine. I do not believe in crash diets or creams and potions that ‘transform your skin’ overnight. Realistically, it’s the consistent work and discipline that you put into your diet, exercise and overall lifestyle that transforms you into being the best version of yourself.
Like most of you, I have a full time job and travel a lot. And that doesn't leave me with much ‘me time’. But I try and make the best of what I have. Here are a few things that have really helped me, so give them a go and let me know if they work for you too!
I try to make sure that I am always sipping on water, right from the time I wake up. I include coconut water, green tea or fresh juices as much as possible in my diet. My skin generally feels more supple and looks brighter when it is properly hydrated!
I was lucky to find Dr Kiran Lohia, Lumiere Dermatology who really helped solve my skin woes. Until now, I had always felt cheated by derma clinics, having spent thousands on creams, lotions and consultation which didn’t really work. Finding Dr Kiran Lohia was a game changer and she helped me understand my skin, listened to all my concerns and provided the treatment it needed. If you have concerns such as acne, scarring, pigmentation or dark circles that make you feel self conscious, it is best to see a good dermatologist.
Sun damage is for real. And it is extremely important to use a good sunscreen before stepping out of the house. Ideally I wait for at least 10 minutes before stepping out in the sun after applying a sunscreen. You need to let your skin absorb the product. Currently I am using Z screen, which does the job well!
An intense spinning session or a kickboxing class, my skin always feels great after a good workout. Regular exercise boosts your blood circulation and adds that much needed glow to your face. Studio 60 by Club Excel has a range of classes like; spinning, kickboxing, yoga and personal training. I like visiting Delhi Rock too for rock climbing and Aerial Yoga.
This is something that took me a while, but I am now happy with the products I use, and can notice a visible difference in the way my skin feels. I have combination skin which that is also pretty sensitive. Here are the products I use.
- Before leaving the house in the morning I use a small amount of under eye cream.
The Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream is my favorite. It is available on Amazon for Rs 2,945.
- As mentioned above, I can’t do without a good sunscreen.
Z screen SPF 58 is the only one I trust. It is available on Flipkart for Rs 699.
- I love Bioderma products and their skin cleanser is something I just can’t do without.
Their Sensibio H2O cleanser for sensitive skin is my favourite. You can buy it on Nykaa for Rs 528.
- A pore refiner helps improve the skin texture.
I use the Bioderma Pore Refiner from their Sebium Range. Buy it on Nykaa for Rs 1,675.
- Your face needs a deep clean every 15 days or so.
I love the Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque by Kiehl's. Buy it on Nordstrom for Rs 2,068.
- I use a face mask for when my skin feels dry.
A hydrating treatment mask by DCL really does make a difference.
- A great night cream guarantees that you wake up with soft and supple skin.
The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Cream works wonders! Buy it on Nykaa for Rs 6,500.
- Make sleep a priority. I love to sleep, so this isn’t hard for me! My skin looks the best when I am well rested. On days when I haven’t had enough sleep, my skin looks dull and not it’s best. So catch up on your ‘zzzzz’ before your wedding day!
- A lot of times I rub ice all over my face before applying makeup. It helps even out the skin texture and makes my makeup last longer!
- Happy thoughts! (This legit works). A happy and peaceful state of mind reflects on your face and so does a stressed out state of mind. Go for a walk, try an indulgent aromatherapy spa massage or do what works best for you!
And don’t forget to smile. Because happy brides are the prettiest.